SASS Wire Forum

Not for the faint of heart

J-BAR #18287

1 hour ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

At 2:50 the snow is over in KC. 1 1/2"-2" at our house and partly sunny. So much for the weather guessers' snowmageddon.  How have the rest of you fared?

Pretty much the same here. We are just off of Farm Road 135 between Battlefield Rd and Republic.  

All's good here.

Gary 

Well just after posting this am about no twisters hitting here heard from our daughter who lives about 40 miles away one touched down about 2 miles from their home --tore up 5 or 6 houses & several barns----they spent the early morning hours hiding in bathtub--they ok tho-------then our power went out --seems high winds damaged a lot of trees & some finally came on down & took out major lines & transformers--------power just a short while ago came back-----they did a good job getting power back up in about 5 hrs----was figuring on having to get out extra blankets cause its getting cold FAST-----yesterdays high was 69 before storm tonight its gonna drop to 29----same weather guy saying Springfield Mo. gonna go to 18------Lumpy & JBar &the other guys better break out the long  handle underwear------

1 hour ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Pretty much the same here. We are just off of Farm Road 135 between Battlefield Rd and Republic.  

All's good here.

Gary 

OLG out on his little slice of heaven today. Wearing his high desert winter clothes.:P

DBE98014-8F89-48B9-8F14-264F49184BC5.jpeg

8 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Why do these storms always come in after I wash SWMBO's car?

When Baby Girl was an infant, we lived in an apartment complex where 11 families shared a back yard.  We had clotheslines.  It got so that, if I hung out a wash, my neighbors would not - it was bound to rain.  Not making this up.

On 1/10/2020 at 10:18 PM, Dirty Low Down sass 23492 said:

Lumpy---I would appreciate it greatly if you &  J Bar would just keep thet stuff over there --I really don't need it-------weather forecast got it working it's way to here about 5 am---(about 30 miles north of Memphis Tn.)

Just be happy that we squeeze some of the bad stuff out of the storms before they get to you.

On 1/10/2020 at 4:26 PM, Sixgun Sheridan said:

And to think everyone here in Seattle is freaking out because we might get 1-2" of snow next week. :rolleyes:

Seattle, city of snowflakes.  We got 7" of white last night here in Everett. 

Round two.  The ground was coated with ice this morning at daybreak.  It switched to rain for a bit but back to freezing rain again.  

We're under flash flood alert and winter storm warnings. 

Break out the Star Wars VI A New hope DVD. 

Archived