Charlie T Waite

Date: January 20, 2020
Virginia General Assembly
900 E. Main Street
Richmond, VA 23219
United States
Phone: 804-639-0600
Email: bus@vcdl.org

Note: the correct date for this event is Monday, January 20th, 2020. Ignore the references to January 21st on the VCDL's Website Event page.

For more current information, please use the VCDL's Event page on Facebook.

We've also seen reports that several Virginia Second Amendment and patriot groups are asking that those from outside of Virginia please not attend, as outside interference is cited as counterproductive to their efforts.

> We've also seen reports that several Virginia Second Amendment and patriot groups are asking that those from outside of Virginia please not attend, as outside interference is cited as counterproductive to their efforts.

Since you say "we've seen reports": can you cite multiple credible sources, and who is "we"? 

I'm certain that there are some people who think this is best, but I'm also certain I've seen all the same level of disinformation campaigns as those of us who have been doing it have become used to.

The VCDL - the organizers of the event themselves - have not put out this message on any of the formal channels they have.

The VCDL has only asked to avoid long guns because of the optics. They have gone out of their way to welcome militia groups from nearby states, and have gone out of their way to invite and express the laws about out-of-staters open carrying in VA. Here's the faq.

3 minutes ago, The Barman said:

Since you say "we've seen reports": can you cite multiple credible sources, and who is "we"?  nearby states, and have gone out of their way to invite and express the laws about out-of-staters open carrying in VA. Here's the faq.

Barman; here is the link to what I pasted - so your questions should be directed there: http://gunrightswatch.com/index.php?src=events&srctype=detail&category=Featured&refno=27

Charlie

The page has now been updated, removing the weaker second-hand paraphrase, and expressing something more in line with the VCDL's intent.

The administrator of the site does go on to offer some personal opinions, which seems more fairly proportionate, although one can have differing opinions that are also reasonable (i.e. IMO, the psychological effect of lowered tension and higher festiveness of even just a few people showing up in full on classic cowboy would actually be a boon rather than any kind of hindrance in my opinion).

Hope to hear of some of you there, feel free to PM me if you're going or considering going.

As of the time of this post, the various factoids are:

No guns allowed inside the buildings.

Yes to open carry on the grounds.

8AM-ish, things get kicking off with more formal lobbying activities, progressively turning into a rally in front of the Capitol building, with speakers beginning at 11am.

FAQ is here.

We will see what next week brings: the first, crucial day of the battle for this session is this Monday, January 13, when the first hearings are open where we'll get to know how bad the bills are going to be (and some of them are really, very bad). NRA says they are doing lobbying that day, but I haven't found out what the deal is there yet. VCDL has asked for local residents who can come to come to those hearings.

As a note: if you haven't donated to VCDL, maybe it's worth dropping them a few bucks, as they seem to be doing yeoman's work. (I am not in any special way affiliated with them, just think they've been fairly effective thus far.)

Archived