SASS Wire Forum

SOLD Colt SAA almost second gen 357 with 5 1/2 barrel***PRICE CUT***$1450****

SOLD  Colt SAA 357 with 5 1/2 barrel.  Unfired with box.   Has turn line and light scratches on cylinder that won't show

in photo.  If you look closely, can see plum in back strap.   Gun mfg 1977 serial number 87xxx so it is second

year of third gen.  Second gen ended in 1975.   Box outer slip missing end flaps but all literature is here.

Sorry but my ffl will not ship to California.  Feel  free to text/call me at three zero one 639 63 five four.

3 day inspection as always.  $1595 shipped. Now $1500 or 3 payment of $500**** NOW $1450 shipped ********SOLDP1010001.JPG

P1010002.JPG

P1010003.JPG

P1010004.JPG

P1010005.JPG

On 1/9/2020 at 1:19 PM, Geronimo Jim SASS # 21775 said:

Colt SAA 357 with 5 1/2 barrel.  Unfired with box.   Has turn line and light scratches on cylinder that won't show

in photo.  If you look closely, can see plum in back strap.   Gun mfg 1977 serial number 87xxx so it is second

year of third gen.  Second gen ended in 1975.   Box outer slip missing end flaps but all literature is here.

Sorry but my ffl will not ship to California.  3 day inspection as always.  $1595 shipped. Now $1500 or 3 payment of $500

P1010001.JPG

P1010002.JPG

P1010003.JPG

P1010004.JPG

P1010005.JPG

This is a pre-strike Colt SAA made before they were made by replacement workers. So quality should be a continuation of second generation Colt SAA.   The fixed bushing is not really a big deal. Most people will not wear out the pressed in bushing.  And if it wears out, it can be replaced but it takes someone skilled in the methods used.  The cylinder can be converted to use the old style removable bushing but it would take a skilled Colt gunsmith shop to convert it. 

"Built like tanks" Rugers don't have a removable bushing.  

I just wish it was a 38WCF,  44WCF or 45Colt.  I'd be talking to my financial manager. 

Thank you Warden Callaway for that good information.  You explained why I said

"almost second gen".  

Backward Billy......it is my understanding that all ffl have to register with the state

of California that is the problem, not the particular gun.  

3 hours ago, Geronimo Jim SASS # 21775 said:

Thank you Warden Callaway for that good information.  You explained why I said

"almost second gen".  

Backward Billy......it is my understanding that all ffl have to register with the state

of California that is the problem, not the particular gun.  

Yes that’s true. You do it online and it takes about 5 minutes. 

8 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

This is a pre-strike Colt SAA made before they were made by replacement workers. So quality should be a continuation of second generation Colt SAA.   The fixed bushing is not really a big deal. Most people will not wear out the pressed in bushing.  And if it wears out, it can be replaced but it takes someone skilled in the methods used.  The cylinder can be converted to use the old style removable bushing but it would take a skilled Colt gunsmith shop to convert it. 

"Built like tanks" Rugers don't have a removable bushing.  

I just wish it was a 38WCF,  44WCF or 45Colt.  I'd be talking to my financial manager. 

That’s a pretty broad stroke there my friend. The strike was from 86-90, so only four years of scab workers building them. 

FWIW, I’ve had several that were made in 78/79 time frame and all were exceptional quality. And if it were in one of those calibers, gun would have already been sold Thursday at 10:20 when I first checked haha 

21 hours ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

That’s a pretty broad stroke there my friend.

If I've misspoken,  feel free to correct me.  

I would think a CAS shooter would make good use of a 357 seeing that 38 special is a popular caliber. 

Archived