SASS Wire Forum

Lighting in your reloading area - What do you use?

Oklahoma Dee

https://www.harborfreight.com/4-ft-led-hanging-shop-light-64410.html

I use this light above the reloading bench

i have a lot of old stuff like me - there are four fixtures with 150 watt incandescent spots at the roof line of my work bench , only run when in use - separate switch from general lighting that has LEDs , 

I mounted one 4 ft. LED light over the bench in my no-window garage. It lights up the bench great and covers the entire garage (very small one car). Momma can do laundry and the shelves across the bay are lit pretty well, too. This light can be ganged with additional lights up to 4 or 5 with each light plugging into the other. I think this was $50 or less at Home Depot.

My other great purchase was a tower electric heater. What a concept! I'm embarrassed to say it took so long to find something so practical.

Loading room is also my woodworking shop so I have like 10 LED 4' shop lights 2 of which are over the reloading section. 24' x 18' room, also furnace in room.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh, btw, I bought the Inline light for my press, but it didn't give me the light in my case like I wanted. I ended up buying a UFO light that works awesome. 

I really like the Ergo Roller Handle from Inline though, so no losses, only gains.

20200123_173827.jpg

On 1/10/2020 at 6:47 AM, Marshal Flint said:

I also use LED lighting and the Inline Fabrication Light kit for my press.  (Ok I'll admit it, you Dillion guys make me Blue with envy :) )

fullsizeoutput_a3b.jpeg

No reason to be "blue" you have a nice setup and it looks more organized than mine

On 1/9/2020 at 11:32 AM, Riverboat Red, SASS #71733 said:

YES to this! These are the bee's pajamas. 

Dang!  A couple of the guys from my beehive read this, now they’re all buzzing around whining about getting pajamas!

Where can I get 2000 pair of these PJs?:blink::o

Cat Brules??

I have a 4 ft 3 tube led  over the bench in the center of the room and a 3 bulb track light unit on either side of it to allow highlighting specific areas

In the basement, variety of hobbies and projects ongoing...InlineFabrication lights on Dillon and Lee presses, 8' fluorescent with Daylight bulbs, recessed lights with LED daylight bulbs, and different sets of head lamps (wide beam, spotlight with adjustable beam, varying degree of brightness). All are on individual switches or plugins, I can light up all or sections.

RRR

On 1/9/2020 at 11:12 AM, J. Mark Flint #31954 LIFE said:

LED 4 foot strip.  Bright, cheap and no chance of a bulb getting broken and igniting anything.

+1 on Led Strip 

Sedalia Dave hit the nail on the head. The higher the CRI (color rendering index) the brighter the lamp. I have a 4' 2 lp fluorescent shop light over my bench with 5k tubes and it gives me plenty of light. 

Archived