SASS Wire Forum

Wish List for 2020

Wish list for 2020.  Things I'd like to see.

1. That Pietta would follow Uberti's lead, and eliminate all the unnecessary writing on the barrel, and/or hide it under the ejector housing.  Just say ".44 W.C.F." and not "Cal 44-40", or ".45 Colt" instead of "Model P 45 Colt".  Also, hide the inspectors marks, please. If Uberti can do it, then Pietta can do it as well.   

2. The Bisley clones now have a one piece grip frame, like the Ruger's do.  I know it was done to make the item cheaper to build, but I did not notice a cheaper price for the firearm.  A clone of something should be patterned after the original, so how about going back to the original design, or lowering the price.

3. How about a Merwin Hulbert clone?  We were teased with the possibility of having one, a few years ago, but alas, it came to nothing.  I would buy a clone of that firearm.

4. Winchesters made in the U.S.A. again. 

5. Marlin's with consistent quality, instead of inconsistent quality.

6. An 1860 Henry clone in .44 special/.44 Colt caliber. 

7. The Colt Single Action being put on the regular production line, and with more calibers offered, and a lower price.  They are simply too high in price.   

8. A case hardened hammer on the Colt single action. 

9. That Cimarron/Uberti would provide a kit to change over the 3 click retractable firing pin set up, to the traditional 4 click standard non-retractable firing pin set up.

10. That every gun owner, and their family, and their friends, would vote this year for candidates that support the 2nd Amendment, and support the gun owners, and the gun organizations.  If we don't do this, we will be shooting with virtual firearms, on our laptops!  Git-R-Done!!!

Nice list, hope it's alright if I play along and copy one or two of yours ;)

1.    That we could fill up the Inaugural Gunfight on the Green River(60 shooter limit), 6 stages on June 13th. https://greenrivergunslingers.com/gunfight/

2.    That Pietta would produce an Open Top conversion revolver in 38sp and 45 Colt.

3.    That Ruger would reintroduce the ROA fixed sight revolvers; not a special run, but a permanent addition to their product line.

4.    That Ruger would take over Marlin.

5.    The Colt Single Action being put on the regular production line, and with more calibers offered, and a lower price.  They are simply too high in price. 

6.    That Cimarron/Uberti would provide a kit to change over the 3 click retractable firing pin set up, to the traditional 4 click standard non-retractable firing pin

set up OR that some 3rd party would begin to produce these parts with a short stroke option.

7.    That S.A.S.S. can gain more members than it loses by at least 1K.

8.    That those pards and family members that are ill, having surgeries, cancer, etc. will fully recover from their ailments and live a happy healthy life; if

they can come back and shoot with us even better.

9.    That Virginia can rid themselves of the infringements that are being discussed currently.

10.  Re-elect POTUS, Republicans retain the Senate, Republicans retake the House.

Archived