SASS Wire Forum

No rest for SCOTUS

Thanks to Communist Northam and his craven monions, SCOTUS should be very busy soon.

OOOPs!!! minions   :wub:

I'm trying to recall my first master degree. I think imbecillic minions might be a better fit.  :P

Code of Virginia

Table of Contents » Title 49. Oaths, Affirmations and Bonds » Chapter 1. Oaths and Affirmations » § 49-1. Form of general oath required of officers

•  Section 

§ 49-1. Form of general oath required of officers.

Every person before entering upon the discharge of any function as an officer of this Commonwealth shall take and subscribe the following oath: "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support the Constitution of the United States, and the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Virginia, and that I will faithfully and impartially discharge all the duties incumbent upon me as ____________________ according to the best of my ability, (so help me God)."

Any person reappointed to any office filled by gubernatorial appointment for a subsequent term to begin immediately upon expiration of an existing term shall not be required to renew the oath set out in this section; however, the original oath taken shall continue in effect with respect to the subsequent term.

Const., § 34; Code 1919, § 269; 1936, p. 49; 1971, Ex. Sess., c. 16; 1980, c. 320; 1988, c. 255.

Since Governor Northam is not fulfilling his oath of office by not supporting the Constitution of the United States, shouldn't that be dereliction of duty and grounds for removal?

Archived