SASS Wire Forum

Cerekote My grip frames

Bullett Sass 19707

I am wanting to cerekote the grip frames of my ruger single sixs.   They are the old models with adjustable sights.   I would like them to be brass color but all the color charts I see don't include that color.   The only one that comes close is gold.   In the pictures the gold looks more yellow than gold.   my question,  is there a brass color that I didn't see?  If not does the gold look gold color or is it more yellow like the pictures look?  I don't want the weight of the brass grip  frames.   Thank You Bullett 19707

Been looking at that myself.  Thought the brass would be great but dice.. Talked to local dealer who does Cera Coat.   They have color chips similar to paint suppliers.  Most of their colors relate more to military camo colors and I was looking for a little flash.  I did find a Platinum that looked real nice.   Heat and high humidity with my hands are not doing my grip frames any favors.    GW

On 1/8/2020 at 9:55 AM, Bullett Sass 19707 said:

I am wanting to cerekote the grip frames of my ruger single sixs.   They are the old models with adjustable sights.   I would like them to be brass color but all the color charts I see don't include that color.   The only one that comes close is gold.   In the pictures the gold looks more yellow than gold.   my question,  is there a brass color that I didn't see?  If not does the gold look gold color or is it more yellow like the pictures look?  I don't want the weight of the brass grip  frames.   Thank You Bullett 19707

I'm not soliciting work but I have sprayed about a full gallon of cerakote and when it takes little over 2oz for an entire rifle you know how much I've sprayed. 
You can mix colors to get what you like. problem is you're going to have to try it a few times to get it right.  I did look and Sunflower looks pretty close. Be advised their color chips don't look correct you need to see it on a part and make the judgement call. Be advised lighting will change how the color looks. Outside in full sunlight is the best representation of the color. Indoors under varying lighting don't expect the color to look correct.  

Archived