SASS Wire Forum

Cyber Steampunk Tactical

Subdeacon Joe

Oh Dang!

It's Black!

It has a rail and a heat shield!

It's an Assault Lever Action!

That'll soon be on the banned list here in Canada.

I kind of like it. :D

The one mistake they made was the ports on the bottom of the break. That and disparaging the appearance of the traditional lever gun...The world will end soon. Mark my words...we are doomed...:P

I understand that the answer to my question of "Why?" is often "because we could." This invariably leaves me to the conclusion of ""could" and "should" are two very different things.

Perhaps this is an effort to attract young shooters to something besides an AR or a Precision Rifle wannabe. 

Personally I think it looks pretty cool but it is a bit over done. 

I have a Winchester 94AE carbine that got covered in surface rust because a dim witted ex-friend of mine stuck a huge LEAKING styrofoam cooler in my SUV that he said didn’t leak. 
My Winchester languished in a wet gun rig for over a week before I discovered the third row seat area had been flooded. 
Anyway, I had it Cerakoted in Mil-Spec Green. I don’t really care if you don’t like it. I do. It rarely gets a god reaction when I show it to people. ;)

FD49E09C-655B-4BA0-8235-82C9A7D5CEAC.thumb.jpeg.5bd0dc5dba2b68f2593eb96f921c4557.jpegB13BE902-C013-4DF0-8286-DF84D4A0435A.thumb.jpeg.68f2dd2510296c10307ccd71ec4ae1c7.jpeg0934185E-42CA-4A89-A79A-B6FAD6A278C5.thumb.jpeg.2dfcb022fa8bfd85ca59a453baa856a3.jpeg

I do that sometimes - one of those "can't see the forest for the trees" moments.

You focused on the lever, and didn't notice the cross bolt safety right above it. B)

On 1/8/2020 at 5:36 PM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Perhaps this is an effort to attract young shooters to something besides an AR or a Precision Rifle wannabe. 

Personally I think it looks pretty cool but it is a bit over done. 

I have a Winchester 94AE carbine that got covered in surface rust because a dim witted ex-friend of mine stuck a huge LEAKING styrofoam cooler in my SUV that he said didn’t leak. 
My Winchester languished in a wet gun rig for over a week before I discovered the third row seat area had been flooded. 
Anyway, I had it Cerakoted in Mil-Spec Green. I don’t really care if you don’t like it. I do. It rarely gets a god reaction when I show it to people. ;)

FD49E09C-655B-4BA0-8235-82C9A7D5CEAC.thumb.jpeg.5bd0dc5dba2b68f2593eb96f921c4557.jpegB13BE902-C013-4DF0-8286-DF84D4A0435A.thumb.jpeg.68f2dd2510296c10307ccd71ec4ae1c7.jpeg0934185E-42CA-4A89-A79A-B6FAD6A278C5.thumb.jpeg.2dfcb022fa8bfd85ca59a453baa856a3.jpeg

In my mind, there’s a big difference between your piece and the OP hybrid. 

Yours is a great gun that had an unfortunate episode, but was recovered nicely. 

22 hours ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

Is that pre 64 pat?

Oh no. It’s definitely not. It has the dreaded cross bolt safety. I have actually never looked up the year it was made. 

Take a lever action and make is scary looking?

Why not!?!? It'll make a certain group of namby-pamby bedwetting anti-gun folks even more afraid of the boogieman!

:D:D:D

5 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

Take a lever action and make is scary looking?

Why not!?!? It'll make a certain group of namby-pamby bedwetting anti-gun folks even more afraid of the boogieman!

:D:D:D

Like this...

Image result for mossberg lever action

Mossberg 464 SPX .30-30 Win 16.25" barrel :D

Another Marlin Variation...

Related image

Another Marlin...

Image result for tactical lever gun

Henry Big Boy "All Weather"...

Image result for tactical henry lever gun

On 1/9/2020 at 7:46 AM, Alpo said:

I do that sometimes - one of those "can't see the forest for the trees" moments.

You focused on the lever, and didn't notice the cross bolt safety right above it. B)

Oh wow I most certainly did miss that.  That's even more jarring than the angle eject receiver.  Maybe it does have a screw on the bottom of the receiver.  I heard somewhere that they brought that back recently.  Perhaps after they moved production to japan.  

It was the nice wood that put the idea in my head.  

Archived