SASS Wire Forum

DIY - Traditions loading stand remodel - the video

Warden Callaway

I know, the Traditions loading stand is pretty much the lowest of the low. But, to quote Sawmill Mary when she buys something we don't need, "But, it was on sale.".  It would probably work better on a Remington or Ruger cylinder but is totally miserable on Colt style cylinders with large arbor hole. Well,  I reworked it so now it's useful.  Cost all of 38c.

Like like Warden's videos so much that I watch them all.    I do not even have a c&b but I  just watched it for enjoyment    Thanks    GW

I have one of those around here somewhere that has a plastic bushing over the center pin to make it fit Colt cylinders.

I have never used it as I heard how bad they were and decided to just load on the gun. I may have to dig it up and do youe modification to it.

Thanks Warden.

1 hour ago, Sedalia Dave said:

I have one of those around here somewhere that has a plastic bushing over the center pin to make it fit Colt cylinders.

Interesting.   It would only be logical to have a bushing slide over the skinny post.  I'm sure the one I got didn't come with a bushing.   I thought about finding something to do just that but it wouldn't have solved the poor alignment problem. 

Archived