SASS Wire Forum

SPF 12 gauge Mec Grabber SPF

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Thunder Creek, I'm thinking of getting back into shotgun reloading....sold all my stuff years ago after I stopped shooting skeet. 

Have tried to do some research on the grabber vs others, but after a while, my eyes just glaze over. I get the idea of manual indexing from station to station (I think the MEC 650N does the same).  Any information you can provide to help understand the benefits of the grabber will be helpful. Assuming the machine is in good condition without excessive wear or broken parts. Bottom line for me is this - can I take your grabber and what comes with it and start loading 12 ga light loads, without adding any other dies, measures, etc. Need to load maybe 75 rounds a month...not high volume at all, so I really cant justify the cost of a MEC 9000, for example. 

Thanks.

OO

One thing I like on the Grabber is the last station rounds over the crimp a little bit. They look very factory like for me.

19 hours ago, Ozark Okie said:

Hey Thunder Creek, I'm thinking of getting back into shotgun reloading....sold all my stuff years ago after I stopped shooting skeet. 

Have tried to do some research on the grabber vs others, but after a while, my eyes just glaze over. I get the idea of manual indexing from station to station (I think the MEC 650N does the same).  Any information you can provide to help understand the benefits of the grabber will be helpful. Assuming the machine is in good condition without excessive wear or broken parts. Bottom line for me is this - can I take your grabber and what comes with it and start loading 12 ga light loads, without adding any other dies, measures, etc. Need to load maybe 75 rounds a month...not high volume at all, so I really cant justify the cost of a MEC 9000, for example. 

Thanks.

OO

Well Okie, The main upgrade I think from the 650N to the Grabber is that the Grabber has a built in supersizer which resizes the base of the shell which really helps in the shells going into the chamber very easily and more importantly ejecting the shells after they are fired. 

Hope this helps. 

Plus this comes with an adjustable charge bar.

Wayyyyyy Back when Wally sold Black Dawge Powder Co. to Powder Inc./Goex  and they were selling Loaded Black Powder Ammo....

I thought they would have had some Mega Heavy Duty industrial Loader or two....

I went to the Facility......  and there was a long loading table there with a Grabber at each station.

So a Grabber is what I bought & 20 years later it's still popping out Great Shells!

I’ll take it. Please PM details on where to send the funds. PayPal I can do Saturday when I get home from shooting, check or money order I can get headed your way Tuesday.

Thanks!

22 hours ago, Charlie MacNeil, SASS #48580 said:

I’ll take it. Please PM details on where to send the funds. PayPal I can do Saturday when I get home from shooting, check or money order I can get headed your way Tuesday.

Thanks!

Will do. I’ll PM you tomorrow when I get to my computer. Thanks. 

Archived