SASS Wire Forum

WTC

Red Rider Rudy

2 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I agree TN.

I understood the point you were trying to make and why you were saying 'No Miss'.

Heck, an unfired round could fall off of my belt onto the table where I fired the rifle.   I would hate for

all 3 spotters to declare 10 shots, 10 hits..... and then somebody want to give me a miss because of an

unfired round laying on the table.

EDIT:  but I would give YOU a miss just so you could get on the Wire about it..... :lol:;)

..........Widder

I figured you knew. You got that Extry Sensitive Perception.

3 hours ago, Blue Eyed Drifter said:

TN. I saw the exact same thing happen  to a shooter brass picker picked up a live round and declared a miss for unfired live round.  After spottets had all said clean.  Shooter was awarded a miss.

Yeah, that's awful. I miss enough on my own without getting some added!

I almost had it happen to me as well. Spotters all called clean, then one seen an unfired round on the table. They said wait, theres an unfired round, that's a miss. I picked it up and put it back in my belt and said it came from here.

5 hours ago, Blue Eyed Drifter said:

TN. I saw the exact same thing happen  to a shooter brass picker picked up a live round and declared a miss for unfired live round.  After spottets had all said clean.  Shooter was awarded a miss.

You have to KNOW it is a miss to call it a miss.

Brass pickers have no input on misses or procedural penalties. (Unless they are also a spotter)

5 hours ago, Blue Eyed Drifter said:

Where was the TO / PM  during this committee decision? It might be time for some RO classes for the group:mellow:

On 1/10/2020 at 1:47 PM, Tennessee williams said:

Yeah, that's awful. I miss enough on my own without getting some added!

I almost had it happen to me as well. Spotters all called clean, then one seen an unfired round on the table. They said wait, theres an unfired round, that's a miss. I picked it up and put it back in my belt and said it came from here.

IMO this tells me it's time to get new spotters. If spotters say no misses and then all change their minds tells me that were not paying attention. As a TO I would ask each one what target was not hit.

Nawlins

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 9:42 AM, Blue Eyed Drifter said:

TN. I saw the exact same thing happen  to a shooter brass picker picked up a live round and declared a miss for unfired live round.  After spotters had all said clean.  Shooter was awarded a miss.

I'm usually pretty easy to get along with but, if I was the shooter, I say "Really?" Then I'd pack up my stuff and head home. The next time I shot, it wouldn't be with that RO.  

• 2 weeks later...

Bullets on the ground should never be used as a indicator of what happened. I had that call on me at a Reg and it stinks when it's incorrect. I threw out a round dropped the reload right as I pulled it then grabbed another and since there were 2 bullets found (the one I dropped and the one I threw out) they called me for 2 misses. It was round count stage and I shot it different than others so the spotters were lost. 

The videos (we can't use and shouldn't be able to) clearly showed that. I'm not saying this to complain about that I'm using this as an example to never use bullets on the ground as an indicator.....use what you saw. 

It could be someone else's bullet, I sometimes (but rarely) can strip out a reload grabbing shotshells, people drop reloads etc. If you get to the point that you are counting or looking for bullets on the ground and that's all you got......then IMO the benefit should go to the shooter and you need to get the spotters to pay more attention. 

The TO could play back the electronic recording from his timing device to count the number of rifle rounds fired, couldn’t he?  

Cat Brules

Amazing how a simple, answered and solved situation heads of in a tangent cause one guy come up with a scenario that wasn't even relevant.:lol::lol::D:wacko:

Not relevant?  How so?  The situation was discussed, pretty much answered, and people decided to continue discussing it tangentially, and sharing experience and what-ifs.  There’s a lot of information here to enlighten and cause shooters to think, reason and remember.  It’s called a forum for a reason.

Cat Brules

As I learn this game/hobby/sport I try to always read the "WTC" threads.  And I agree that after the original question is answered and it goes on tangents and this is what happened to me it is a good learning tool.  There is a lot to be gained by listening to others good/bad calls and learning.  Pale Wolf states the rules and explains them to make sure there is no ambiguity, and others like TN Williams give a TO/shooters perspective with real life accounts of what has happened.  I find all of it useful and informative.

Let's have PWB stay home on everybody's shoot days and require every club to video each shooter as he shoots, then we can have instant replay like football and baseball.

2 hours ago, Noz said:

Let's have PWB stay home on everybody's shoot days and require every club to video each shooter as he shoots, then we can have instant replay like football and baseball.

Let's NOT!

Archived