SASS Wire Forum

Misplaced pistol

I know a fella who once left his M1 Carbine at the range.  :rolleyes:

We were there the next morning when the gates opened; the li'l rifle was right where he'd left it, wet with dew.  :)

Been there, done that with a Kel-Tec P32 left in a jacket pocket. Found it a time later when I put the jacket on and felt a lump. Also had a Ruger Mini 14 that I put cased in a closet after my long distance range got shut down and completely forgot about it until I was moving to a new house; duh!

More than once, lost a 1911 in the couch cushions, hid a 1866 between mattress and box springs and wondered why the bed was lumpy for two weeks while I searched for it. Right now I can’t find a Glock 42 I won that is still in the box. Irish Pat

Howdy,

During a move my favorite ruger mk II vanished.

I looked and looked.  Gave up. Looked some more. Gave up.

One day I was doing a little cleaning and hit something

dusting behind a trunk. There it was.

Still shot great as always.

Best

CR

I misplaced a hot pistol of a wife once, never did find her. I have heard there was a bearcat in Colorado,   it might be her.  

Last time i moved I somehow lost 400 rounds of ammo.

I'm still confused as to how I did that.

Simply revise your original intentions.  If you change your original intent to, "I'm going to store this in the house,"  you'll find the pistol exactly where you intended to leave it.  No worries.

My dad 'misplaced' his Walther PPK/S and his derringer, both for about a decade.  My brother and I searched and found both of them over this Christmas break. 

My dad promptly picked up the Walther and swept me with it.  When I cautioned him he said "it's not loaded".  I responded, you haven't seen the damn thing in over a decade how could you remember whether it's loaded or not when you didn't even remember where it was, and regardless of whether it's loaded or not, don't point it at me!

Not misplaced.  Just forgot to bring it in.  I was working on the farm and dropped a S&W 29 in the side door pocket on the door on the pickup.   Months later, I was looking for it and couldn't find it.  Aha!   Maybe in it's in the truck.  There it was. No harm done. 

2 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

I've misplaced knives, but never firearms. If a gun was missing I think I'd freak out until I finally found it.

Same here.

Several decades ago, the same fella who left his M1 carbine at the range once returned from a horseback hunting trip with an empty holster.  He did some serious backtracking, but never found it.

Somewhere in the Los Padres National Forest lies a sad lump of rust...  :(

Edit:  Oops... omitted that it was a Bearcat that had slipped out of the holster, likely in a brushy area.  

39 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Several decades ago, the same fella who left his M1 carbine at the range once returned from a horseback hunting trip with an empty holster.  He did some serious backtracking, but never found it.

Somewhere in the Los Padres National Forest lies a sad lump of rust...  :(

Sounds like somebody who shouldn't be allowed to have firearms. Seriously.

Ive had a Delta Elite missing for a couple of years now.Looked everywhere for it.?????

Largo

Not me but I'm fairly certain my mother in law has an Ithaca 1911 with a colt 22 conversion kit hidden somewhere in her trailer. I think that because part of the dowry I got with my wife was a colt 22 conversion box with an Ithaca slide and 45 barrel and mag in it. The guns used to belong to her husband and before he passed, he gave them all to my wife. She once mentioned that one of her favorite guns to shoot was a "1911 22". So it's either lost in that trailer or someone stole it. There are a couple of people who might have stolen something like that, but that's the only gun missing and I suspect they would have taken more if they'd decided to rob her. It should have been right next to most of the rest of them. 

10 minutes ago, Muleshoe Bill SASS #67022 said:

I swear by this method. This is why I have 25 screw drivers, 3 claw hammers, a dozen or so boxes of the same size screws and bolts.

I have a friend and coworker that leaves/forgets tools everywhere he goes. If you ever wanted a complete set of electrical tools, all you have to do is go back to the jobs that he was on in the last year. I've known him for 40 years. If you had every tool that he has lost over that time, you could completely outfit a medium size electrical company.

For me, the tool that I normally lose is a magnetic torpedo level. I seem to always leave them stuck to the last item that I installed. Once I went back to a job 2 years later to add another circuit and there was my level stuck to a panel that I had installed. I couldn't believe it was still there.

Archived