SASS Wire Forum

Celebrating Someone’s Demise

Yul Lose

I understand people being elated when a terrorist, terrorists, terror leader or whatever are taken out and are no longer threats but on a more personal level I’ve found out that someone who molested and raped my daughter over 300 times over a six year span is near death. He pled guilty to six charges of child molestation and lewd conduct and was sentenced to 6 years probation. After he served his probation he admitted and bragged about the 300 number to other family members, his and mine. I find myself anticipating his death and have never been able to forgive him for what he did to her. To escape him she became enamored and involved with a very abusive religious zealot who forbade her to have any contact with me and has refused to allow us any contact with our two grandchildren. Unless I convert to their religion things won’t change. It’s been well over 10 years and she contacted me yesterday because my older daughter, her sister is very ill. The conversation was very short and he cut off her phone call to end it. I feel the same way about both of these P.O.S.s. I truly feel a celebration would be in order should either one of them meet their end. Am I wrong? How do you forgive people like this? I barely slept last night because of it.

Oh Yul,

I'm so sorry that this is troubling you. Some people aren't worth mercy. These two men sound like examples.

I wouldn't throw a big party; but, a nice dinner with friends or your wife with Champagne toasts might be in order.

Do what your conscience dictates.

:wub: ya!

Allie

I do believe that in those two instances... I would have to celebrate upon their demise. I can understand your feelings. I would have probably been locked up myself by now.

:FlagAm:Brother, I feel your pain.  My father was a homosexual that only married a woman and fathered a son to have the picture perfect image needed to promote his career during the 1950's and 1960's.  The physical and mental abuse my mother and I endured was unthinkable.  My mother passed at sixty years of age, me being thirty.  Six months later on Christmas day, he threw me, my wife and mother-in-law out of his house.  I still do not know where my mother is interned.  He is gone now, spending his last year in a care facility.  I came close many times ending his existance on this earth.  The term hatred does not even come close to describing my feelings towards him.  

What you are feeling inside is normal and healthy.  What you have been going through has been sheer hell.  Forgiveness is something that comes from within and only you can determine the want and ability to do so.

Talk to the big guy upstairs for guidance and support.  I did.  Made a big difference in my life.  I hope that eventually you find some closure.

Wishing you all the best,

Chas B

Your not alone!   Several of us feel your pain and wrath.     GW

Just now, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

You're only human.  I would suggest, with all due respect, that you don't let it bother you. 

Yeah that’s a tough one to not let it bother me. After the phone call yesterday all of the past with both of them came busting out after all of these years trying to bury it and forget about it, today has seen a real challenge not to climb in my truck and go help them along,

Yul, I have a theory:  in Hell, what you did is what you get.  I admire your forebearance (sp?), hope the SOB dies in extended agony, and gets what he deserves for eternity.

Oh hell yes I would celebrate certain people's demise and I use the term people only because they a human. There are some "people" that really shouldn't exist in any way, shape or form. You are NOT wrong, quite frankly I'm surprised that this POS was able to live this long. You must have a lot more restraint than I do. I wouldn't lose any more sleep over the thought of either one of these assholes getting the pathway to hell that they deserve. Some may have say to "turn the other cheek", but there are some things that are impossible to forgive.....I'm not a very forgiving person and there is no way in hell that I would forgive these so called people.

Do what you think will give you the most peace for yourself and family. That's my opinion.

You’re not wrong Yul, you’re human after all. I’d feel the same way! I hope for the best for you and your family.

Many feel the same way. Had a P.D. commander for an excuse, after retirement he died. Many, and I mean many officers showed for the funeral just to make sure he was very dead. Even his own son didn't like the P.O.S.:angry:

Yul, you have every right to feel angry and hurt, as these two creeps hurt someone close to you.  To revel in their demise is completely understandable.  I don't believe they deserve forgiveness for what they have done. 

You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers.

What you feel ain't right or wrong, it's just what you feel. Prayers you get some closure in both situations and that things get better for you and all of yours. 

Some people don't deserve to be forgiven. 

For me to forgive someone who has wronged me, they must,

(1) Admit their wrong.

(2) Make right the wrong.

(3) Ask for forgiveness.

Rarely will anybody as evil as those you describe do this, so forgiveness is NOT in the offering.

There's a few I have celebrated their demise, and there's a few that I look forward to the same. 

I think you feel like any good father would. Straight to hell with them for what they have done. 

Jax T

Howdy Yul.. I'm sure that the way you feel towards these two is the thinking of most normal people..some  are just plain  evil & do not deserve any consideration or help.... I hope it all works out for you & best wishes for your daughter.

YUL,

I ain't read many of the post above cause I didn't want my thinking influenced on what I am

compelled to say.

FIRST:   Its normal and perfectly unstandable that you have some sleepless nights due to these situations.

SECOND:  I can find good discussion points in the Bible (KJV) that teach us we are not 'required' to 

forgive someone of their known sin against us UNLESS they ask for our forgiveness.   

..........Widder

A tough position to be in.  If they were repenetent of their sins, it would be within the realm of reason to forgive them. Celebrate their deaths, but still forgive them.

This is harder - two abusers who not only refuse to repent, but are proud of their actions.  First let's get some definitions. Forgiveness is not forgetting. It is not approval.  It is not acceptance.  It is putting aside your own feelings of a need for vengeance and allowing God to be the final word.  And, as is pointed out in several places in Scripture, God forgives us in the same measure as we forgive others.  If we look at the letter St. Paul wrote to St. Timothy we see: " Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works." We can paraphrase that with the famous saying from Maude, "God'll get you for that."  

As hard as it is, pray that you are given the strength to forgive.

I have cried over the many pets I have taken to cross the rainbow bridge.
I would not cry at all about those monsters you mention, but would instead grin if I was given the privilege of arranging their meeting with God.

Yul, these men are terrorists of the very worst kind.  Their death is something to celebrate the only icing on the cake would be if it was painful and very  slow. 

Yul,

I’m afraid you are normal, and you can’t fix normal.  Just don’t let your emotions damage YOU by obsessing about these guys; keep it in perspective.  Trying to force yourself to forgive and forget the unforgivable just creates additional stress for you.  

Hang in there, my friend.

7 minutes ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Trying to force yourself to forgive and forget

Forgiveness is not forgetting. Forgiving is taking away the power of another's actions to damage you.

See

https://www.timesofisrael.com/video-of-holocaust-survivor-forgiving-mengele-goes-viral/

I certainly don't think you are wrong. But unburden yourself of the grief and pain it has caused to you and your family. 

God will handle it all.

"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil." St. Paul; 2 Corinthians 5.

Celebrate? No.

Feel a deep seated fulfilling sense of satisfaction? Yes.

I must admit to checking the newspaper obituaries daily hoping to see the SOBs name.  When it appeared, I had that sense of satisfaction and a couple of drinks to help him right along.

Tough situation.  I hope you can get through to the daughter some day.  

On a personal note, there are those who should rejoice that I am somewhat civilized, and not terminally ill.  If I knew my end was coming, I would right some wrongs that weigh on my mind regularly.  

It never bothered me. Some people just need killin'. :)

A small fire, a big wagon wheel, and a length of rope would be his end, were I to know my own end was near.

NO!! You ain’t wrong at all!!!

Archived