SASS Wire Forum

I too was in the BSA as a young lad; however, as a military brat, the ability to escalate in the ranks to obtain the Eagle level evaded me.

I did learn so much during those years and have the chance to participate and attend Jamborees, etc.

Thank you MizPete for your post on Eagle Scouts and congratulations to those who were able to reach that honor.

The reason for this post is more on the lighter side and not intended to slight the BSA on any level.

It's just whenever the topic of Boy Scouts comes to mind, I hearken back to a comical song version of the Boy Scout Motto of "Be Prepared" by Tom Lehrer.

Hope you find it as funny as I did, and still do. (and boy have times changed since 1953)

It's funny. These days he would catch grief for suggesting Boy Scouts drink liquor, or smoke - either tobacco or that evil mary-ju-wanna weed.

But people would applaud the

suggestion to have condoms.

Back when I was a kid, the cigarettes were expected, the whiskey would be kind of winked at, the reefer might get you some stink eye, but carrying rubbers in your wallet??? They'd rip off your patches and drum you out of the troop.

Archived