SASS Wire Forum

Growing up

Highwall

My first rifle at age seven was a Stevens/Savage Crack shot single lever action .22 with a hard case receiver and an octagonal barrel. I could fire 22 shorts, longs. and LR's  in it . I had so much fun shooting that rifle growing up! I still have it today. My wish then and now is that Savage would make the very the same rifle in .45 long colt, 44/40 or even 38 Special.  It would have been a great way to safely move juveniles from .22 lr up to center fire  calibers.

Yep new here so not sure how I did it under different topics. My bad!

Thanks! I will check it out

Baby Girl sometimes reminds me we gave Grandson #1 a BB gun without parental permission.  He was shooting with us by age 8 - no .22s for this one - he got Granddad's old pistols (.45).  When Grandson #2 followed, he did have .22's and a 410 shotgun.  Real conversation I overheard: G#1: I shoot .45's.  G#2:  Yeah, but mine are Colts.  I do not even know where they got the information to have this conversation.  P.S.  they never knew they didn't have to knock the shotgun targets down.

:ph34r:  Back in high school days, by best friend had a crackshot.  It was a takedown model and perfect for backpacking.  We took it along on a trip into the Olympics in Washington.  Using .22 shorts we entertained ourselves for hours shooting horseflies out of the air.  Still one of my favorite memories.....  (yes, I know...easily entertained).  :rolleyes:

Archived