SASS Wire Forum

Ricky Gervais on Golden Globes

Raylan

I don't watch awards shows anymore, been a long time. But this monologue, which is all I saw of the show on youtube, had me cheering and laughing.

I caught clips of it on the internet, he killed it! It's about time someone gave it to the Hollywood elites that think their %^$# don't stink!<_<

Never heard of him before (and if some of the Hollywood "glitterati" get to him.....Tom Hanks looked like he'd kill him right there in front of the cameras if he could.....I may never again) but he just became of of my favorite actors.

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

It might just be my imagination, but some of them seem to look VERY uncomfortable with some of his comments.

I  hope they were very uncomfortable, unfortunately 99.5% of them will forget all about it within a week

5 hours ago, Chantry said:

I  hope they were very uncomfortable, unfortunately 99.5% of them will forget all about it within a week

Or, once the coke, wine, liquor, opiods and heroin kick in.

6 hours ago, Capt. R. Hugh Kidnme said:

Or, once the coke, wine, liquor, opiods and heroin kick in.

Yet the very same celebutards that keep Betty Ford rehabs in business preach to us ad nausium how to live our lives.

Good for Mr. Gervais.

7 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

When did Piers Morgan become the voice of conservative sanity?  Wasn't he the guy not long ago mocking America for it's "gun culture", and fawning over Hollywood celebrities on his talk show?

LL

What's so funny about this is Gervais is a liberal and he's scolding his own kind! Loved it!

2 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

When did Piers Morgan become the voice of conservative sanity?  Wasn't he the guy not long ago mocking America for it's "gun culture", and fawning over Hollywood celebrities on his talk show?

LL

I don't see Piers Morgan as a voice of conservative sanity, but rather as a honest liberal (not leftist, there is a difference) who isn't a hypocrite and is willing to call people out on their behavior regardless of their background or politics.  Piers Morgan has shown more journalistic ethics since his return to England then 99% of the American MSM..

I doubt I would agree with Ricky Gervais on everything, but like Piers Morgan he isn't a hypocrite.

23 hours ago, Chuck Steak said:

Even Rickey Gervais knows that Epstein didnt kill himself !!!   That was an epic roast of the the hollywood elite - quite a few uncomfortable faces in that crowd.

A lot of people focus on the Epstein suicide comment, and miss the knife twist that he threw in just after it :

”You (the celebrities) had to make your way here on your own plane, didn’t you?”

3 hours ago, czhen said:

Sadly, he will hit the unemployment office.

Hope he has a plan B.

Actually he has been going after the leftist hypocrites in his comic routines for a while now and is still quite popular. I rather suspect that he was chosen to host the show knowing that he would offend a lot of the attendees on purpose.

50 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

............ ya think he'll get invited next time ??  :huh:

He doesn't want to do it!

Archived