SASS Wire Forum

Jeopardy "Greatest Of All Time" Starts Tuesday Jan. 7

Cypress Sun

Ken Jennings, Brad Rutter and James Holzhauer will all compete against each other starting Tuesday, January 7 2020. The first one to win three matches will win $1,000,000. I'm looking forward to the game and possibly answering 5 of the questions myself.

Go James!

I been wondering if the 'answers' will be real hard or kinda easy.  

I would suspect the 'answers' to be fairly easy for the enjoyment of the viewers.

It should be fun watching.

..........Widder

13 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I been wondering if the 'answers' will be real hard or kinda easy.  

I would suspect the 'answers' to be fairly easy for the enjoyment of the viewers.

It should be fun watching.

..........Widder

Some morning show that my girlfriend was watching this morning had all three of them on, Rutter said that the questions were somewhat harder than normal. Looks like it will be a good "best of seven" match.

Meanwhile this current champion, Karen, has amassed over $150K in a week ! Smart lady, cute too! Every one of her matches have been "runaways"!!

1 minute ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Meanwhile this current champion, Karen, has amassed over $150K in a week ! Smart lady, cute too! Every one of her matches have been "runaways"!!

I hope she lasts awhile. She has a pretty broad range of knowledge a lot like James but she doesn’t make the big crazy wagers like he did. 

BTW it’s on at 8:00 est but on ABC instead of CBS. Weird and It’s also an hour show.

Just now, Rye Miles #13621 said:

BTW it’s on at 8:00 est but on ABC instead of CBS. Weird and It’s also an hour show.

I thought that was strange also.......gotta go.

Poor Karen lost on the regular Jeopardy, too bad she was a classy lady!

I think James will take this thing and Brad looks pretty weak.:o

So! Dish!! I’m in the hospital and can’t get the show! How was the first round??

7 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

So! Dish!! I’m in the hospital and can’t get the show! How was the first round??

What they are doing is having 2 normal games that get wrapped into one hence the hour long show. They take the total "points" from both games and the one with the most points for that night wins the match. It is a 1st to win three matches wins the million.

In last nights games Brad pretty much sucked. He got the daily double two or three  times, went all in every time and got them wrong. He was the big loser for the evening. James was okay in the first game and good in the second game but missed one question. Ken kicked ass in the first game but was just okay in the second. Ken was going all in on his daily doubles and got them all although he said he was uncomfortable doing so.

Ended up that the missed question for James cost him the match as he lost to Ken by 200 points. First match goes to Ken.

Tonight they return for game two.

Go James.....

41 minutes ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

As far as I know, always been on ABC for my area.

Sorry but it's always been on CBS! I don't think the area you live in has anything to do with it!

If you Google Jeopardy and look at the history of the show, it was first aired by NBC. The only place CBS is mentioned is on International distribution. The show is owned by Sony.

1 hour ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

If you Google Jeopardy and look at the history of the show, it was first aired by NBC. The only place CBS is mentioned is on International distribution. The show is owned by Sony.

I've been watching it on CBS for years but you're right apparently it's on any network that pays for it!

http://decoy.tvpassport.com/q_a/q-jeopardy-has-been-nbc-network-years-why-it-distributed-cbs-also-steve-harvey-cbs-and-distribut

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I've been watching it on CBS for years but you're right apparently it's on any network that pays for it!

http://decoy.tvpassport.com/q_a/q-jeopardy-has-been-nbc-network-years-why-it-distributed-cbs-also-steve-harvey-cbs-and-distribut

I really think local affiliates can buy a lot of different programing than the network offers.

2 hours ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

I really think local affiliates can buy a lot of different programing than the network offers.

That's what the article says. ;) Never knew that!

Boy, what a game tonight. All in's with big points on the line, hard questions answered and humor interjected among the players.....I am really liking this "Greatest of All Time" game. If you don't want to know about the game tonight, please don't scroll down too far.

I like the risks that James and Ken are taking. Brad really seems to be "out of his element" and is taking a pounding. James all in on a DD with 13K+ and Ken all in on a DD with $8K+......both correct answers, now that's some drama. I got about 15 questions right tonight. Heck, I could be a contender.....not. I do like the seeming rapport among the players. It's refreshing to see that (on the surface) they aren't trying to cut each others throat...yet. 

James kicks ass tonight.

Ken 1

James 1

Brad 0

Just finished the first show, it was recorded. I could watch these guys duke it out every night. Thoroughly enjoyed the first  nights broadcast.

I've never seen Brad play before, he's not very impressive in these matches! I've seen Ken and James and they're both on their game! There's a nice friendly banter going on amongst them. Pretty good stuff!;)

I’m sure that each of them is being paid some appearance money since all three are well known celebrities and have agents and the like. 

I also like the friendly banter and it seems like they are truly having fun!    I look forward to a few great matches. 

And regular Jeopardy comes on on Fox in my area.

2 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I’m sure that each of them is being paid some appearance money since all three are well known celebrities and have agents and the like. 

I also like the friendly banter and it seems like they are truly having fun!    I look forward to a few great matches. 

And regular Jeopardy comes on on Fox in my area.

Losers will get $250,000.00 each!

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/greatest-jeopardy-contestant-time-well-035152421.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9kdWNrZHVja2dvLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAABVBva4_xM4rYYAIBKC4OD054IVKrNAq71xtirA-6f6zRM2i6L8zcn0QIIG3gHC7zq4fiE51NlxRkx1uT2mh7O4z1ruaF5vrml7ECbOVox1XUEZnT4Kdu_7oaAKamZc9Wea-eaOtf8fr89peJVniYYi2kCQTU0AzY6Zp5qMaAdjO

Well, last nights show (Thursday) was just "okay" in my book. It didn't have the "lighthearted" feel of the first two games. Yesterdays first game featured some hard, to me any way, questions. James was way off his normal pace and answered quite a few of them wrong. Maybe he's feeling the pressure, I don't know, but he wasn't on his game at all. Brad seemed to improve somewhat but seems out of place with Ken and James. Ken just plain out kicked butt in both games, I don't remember, but he may have even have been 100% on his answers. Ken only has to win one more game for the $1,000,000. At his present pace, this showdown won't last long.

The show resumes Tuesday for some reason.

Ken - 2

James - 1

Brad - 0

55 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

Well, last nights show (Thursday) was just "okay" in my book. It didn't have the "lighthearted" feel of the first two games. Yesterdays first game featured some hard, to me any way, questions. James was way off his normal pace and answered quite a few of them wrong. Maybe he's feeling the pressure, I don't know, but he wasn't on his game at all. Brad seemed to improve somewhat but seems out of place with Ken and James. Ken just plain out kicked butt in both games, I don't remember, but he may have even have been 100% on his answers. Ken only has to win one more game for the $1,000,000. At his present pace, this showdown won't last long.

The show resumes Tuesday for some reason.

Ken - 2

James - 1

Brad - 0

No show today???

17 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

No show today???

Not according to the menu on my provider. Doesn't resume until Tuesday. Maybe trying to create suspense? The "Greatest" show is on ABC here as you had stated while the normal game is on CBS.

Saw this in Washington Post

“Jeopardy!” didn’t need to go there, but in so doing, it at least kept its manners and mood in check. GOAT or not, Jennings is a suitable wearer of such a crown — self-effacing, self-assured, good on TV. It’s too soon and probably too indecorous to speak of it, but perhaps “Jeopardy’s!” quest for its all-time champion produced something else instead: Its next host?

1 minute ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Saw this in Washington Post

“Jeopardy!” didn’t need to go there, but in so doing, it at least kept its manners and mood in check. GOAT or not, Jennings is a suitable wearer of such a crown — self-effacing, self-assured, good on TV. It’s too soon and probably too indecorous to speak of it, but perhaps “Jeopardy’s!” quest for its all-time champion produced something else instead: Its next host?

You just maybe on to something! He seems like a really good dude!

Have to hand it to Ken. Played well and probably the smartest player among them. To bad James got the final question wrong, he would have won last night. Curious that Ken didn't bet anything in final. Oh well, good show and hard questions. I even got about 20 of them right last night.....watch out Ken, I'm coming after ya. NOT.

My wife and I just finished watching the show. Ken proved he’s the best. I answered one question that none of them could, The What town  is Snowmass located near in Colorado? Aspen, I grew up just over the mountain from there. 

Archived