SASS Wire Forum

Hi all, . . .thank you for various good thought and some posts re my health (or lack of same) over the Christmas Holidays.

I’d intended to make a trip with my girl friend up to Mariposa so that she would have a nice visit with her daughter, son, son in law, and the two grand daughter ( 10 & 8 years old ) during the Christmas Holidays.  She hadn’t seen them for some time and that would be a great Christmas present from me.

When we left to head north I was a little feverish . . ( but in the wintry weather we were having that was not a concern to me).   Over night on the road in the trailer I woke soaking wet with sweat and was worse during the rest of the trip up north.  In Mariposa I was as sick as a dog and spent most of the time in bed with an electric blanket on me.

I did get functional the second day/evening there and it was a lot of fun watching the girls do an early Christmas with the packages that me and my girl friend had brought for them. 

Felt decent heading south again the next day and got a motel room in Kramer Junction for the night. Sick as a dog all night.  Got home and still sick.  Finally had a friend come to get me and take me to the Urgent Car in Yucky Valley.   Was diagnosis with a severe upper respiratory infection and dosed with anti-biotics. 

Thru Christmas I was doing the ani-biotics and am only now getting back to living again.

During the past years ( and presently as well ) I have had a lot of disposable income and have had a lot of enjoyment out of collecting western stuff.  Both guns and costuming.  I never really could get into the competition shooting but am strong on costuming and then also got into doing some movie parts.  So I am keeping all the costuming but selling off guns that I really have no need for.  I had a lot of enjoyment collecting them and hope to let others have the same enjoyment of them now.   While getting a lot of good deals and nice stuff from the SASS Classifieds. . . . . the very best thing I ever got . . . .  and the very best deal of all was my Buffalo Bill Cody outfit.

That is me preforming my Comedy Buffalo Bill Cody Trick Shooting Act at a western weekend party at the "WHITE HORSE RANCH" movie set.  Yes I was a bit big in the midriff then . . .but have trimmed my weight by 30 pounds since that photo was taken.

I'll be posting a few more items in the classifieds that I do not need and will be willing to be rid off. 

DSCN0513.JPG

I hope you are not completely leaving us. I have had some bouts with bronchitis and such. It is definitely no fun. I hope you are better soon.

Wolfgang!! I can certainly relate to infection problems!! Took sick the weekend before Thanksgiving and I’ve been hospitalized ever since!!  I’m hoping to finally get home this weekend!!  I still have three weeks of IV antibiotics to go after that!!

With age comes the chance for these infections and we become more susceptible!!

On 1/7/2020 at 4:11 AM, Blackwater 53393 said:

Wolfgang!! I can certainly relate to infection problems!! Took sick the weekend before Thanksgiving and I’ve been hospitalized ever since!!  I’m hoping to finally get home this weekend!!  I still have three weeks of IV antibiotics to go after that!!

With age comes the chance for these infections and we become more susceptible!!

You are in a whole lot worse shape than I was in.   Good luck with getting WELL again.   :)

Thanks, Pard!  Just got word I might be headed home Friday!

3 hours ago, Muleshoe Bill SASS #67022 said:

Gargle tequila. Best cure for gummed up sinus and ickky throat going.

Hmm... after gargling, do you swallow the tequila or spit it out? :o

Archived