SASS Wire Forum

APP out-of-business???

Beans Ahgin

One of our club black powder shooters has had difficulty finding American Pioneer Powder (FFg) for his Sharps 45-70 loads.  Another shooter thought that they had gone out of business.  Their website is still up, but the dealers sites all say "out of stock."  Does anyone know for certain if the company producing APP/Shockey's Gold has "left the building?"

I got this e-mail from them just last week, so I doubt that they are out of business.  You should call Brett.

--Dawg

appowder@aol.com
To:appowder@aol.com
Dec 28, 2019 at 10:24 AM
If you or anyone you know are running low on powder or want to stock up and take advance of this DEEPLY DISCOUNTED year end MEGA SALE, please call us now to order or for more information.
Sale Price for FFG Powder*

1 Case (12 bottles) at $12.95 per bottle** = $155.40
2 Cases (24 bottles at $12.95 per bottle** = $310.80
4 Cases (48 bottles) at $12.95 per bottle** = $621.60

8 Case  (96 bottles) at $11.95 per bottle** = $1,147.20

*Cases can be mixed with FFFG powder.  Add $3.00 per pound for FFFG powder.

** Offer subject to change or cancellation without prior notice.

Please call us anytime at Toll Free 888-756-7693 or 954-415-8229 to order.

Best Regards,

Brett

If you or anyone you know are running low on powder or want to stock up and take advance of this DEEPLY DISCOUNTED year end MEGA SALE, please call us now to order or for more information.
Sale Price for FFG Powder*

Do their emails always have errors and tortured phrasing?  I hope so because otherwise that looks suspicious. 

@Beans Ahgin, SASS #65626 a good source for APP is Scarlet Darling.  Her website is Bullets by Scarlett.  Her website posts the matches she's going to be at and you can call her, place an order and she'll bring it to the match.  Great Pard to work with.

4 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

R Gambler ....... Ummmm ...... HuH???

Well for starters take advance of the sale. Secondly, that was one heck of a sentence. They glued 3 or 4 sentences together with commas. I wasn't making fun I was just asking if that's normal for them. If so great. I know some businesses are like that. If not, it looks suspicious. 

Btw the large red type didn't look suspicious because I figure prarie dawg is on their old geezers list and they give them the large font. 

Hey!!  Thanks Tucker.  Auburn, NE is unfortunately, just a tad too far to drive and I just can't wait.  I'm just impatient.  I always want my new stuff "Right Freeking NOW" so I'm gonna call Brett tomorrow and whistle up a case.  And thanks to Prairie Dawg for his reiteration of Brett's most timely advert cause I managed to inadvertently delete my "old geezers" notice.

Archived