SASS Wire Forum

Culinary Experiment, Ham Rangoon?

Subdeacon Joe

I was looking at new ways to use Deviled Ham since I had make quite a bit with pieces of the Christmas Ham (and I'll be making more). I used this recipe :
========================================================================================================
Homemade Deviled Ham Spread
Ingredients

1 1/2 cups cubed cooked ham
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 teaspoons prepared mustard
5 drops hot pepper sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 pinch caraway seeds, or to taste
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup finely chopped celery

Directions
Place ham, mayonnaise, mustard, hot pepper sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, celery salt, black pepper, paprika, and caraway seeds in a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
Use an immersion blender or food processor to puree the ingredients to your desired texture; stir in onion and celery. Chill before serving.
========================================================================================================
I had some with cream cheese on toast and got to thinking (always dangerous), "I have some Shu mai wrappers, I have cream cheese, I have the deviled ham...why not?"

So I mixed a couple of TBS of the deviled ham with an equal amount of cream cheese, put a scant tsp. of the mix into each wrapper, fried 'em up.

Quick, easy, tasty. Next time, though, I think I'll finely dice up some kosher dill pickle to mix in to cut through the heaviness of the mix.

12 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I was looking at new ways to use Deviled Ham since I had make quite a bit with pieces of the Christmas Ham (and I'll be making more). I used this recipe :
Homemade Deviled Ham Spread
Ingredients

1 1/2 cups cubed cooked ham
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 teaspoons prepared mustard
5 drops hot pepper sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 pinch caraway seeds, or to taste
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup finely chopped celery

Directions
Place ham, mayonnaise, mustard, hot pepper sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, celery salt, black pepper, paprika, and caraway seeds in a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
Use an immersion blender or food processor to puree the ingredients to your desired texture; stir in onion and celery. Chill before serving.
I had some with cream cheese on toast and got to thinking (always dangerous), "I have some Shu mai wrappers, I have cream cheese, I have the deviled ham...why not?"

So I mixed a couple of TBS of the deviled ham with an equal amount of cream cheese, put a scant tsp. of the mix into each wrapper, fried 'em up.

Quick, easy, tasty. Next time, though, I think I'll finely dice up some kosher dill pickle to mix in to cut through the heaviness of the mix.

YUMMMMM!

STL Suomi

Archived