SASS Wire Forum

Ammo Reloaders

Texas ShaDi

Is there any other places to buy reloaded ammo than We the People Munitions and Georgia Arms? Trying to located 38 special that is 1.5" overall. 

9 minutes ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Check Bullets by Scarlett, but I expect you aren't going to find anyone loading a stretched out .38.

Randy

I should clarify, I mean anyone loading ammo commercially. I know plenty that load that long to work with the short stroke kit they are using. Have you considered looking for Cowboy Loaded .357?  Most commercial reloaders are going to load to SAAMI specs, I would think. But call and talk to Scarlett, for a large order they might be able to do a custom length.

Randy

There is a company out of Montana. Here is the web address https://www.midwayusa.com/product/101813546  I used the HSM ammo for about 6 months and found it to be fine. I shoot 38 Specials with Ruger NV's and the 73 Winchester by Uberti and Maruko. I never had any trouble with the OAL in my 73's.

I have an 1894 Marlin that seems to comets have feeding issues. I has a habit of kicking out the live round. I shot today with some 1.5 overall length ammo and it seemed to feed fine.

2 minutes ago, Texas ShaDi said:

I have an 1894 Marlin that seems to comets have feeding issues. I has a habit of kicking out the live round. I shot today with some 1.5 overall length ammo and it seemed to feed fine.

Maybe talk to @Widder, SASS #59054 he is a Marlin guru and might have suggestions.

Archived