SASS Wire Forum

Taking a break. UPDATE 1/8

Utah Bob #35998

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m sending my prayers to join the others!  Hope she gets better and soon!

†Prayers on the Way†

Prayers heading up for your wife and yourself UB. Hope all works out well.

Eyesa & Ellie

I'm very sorry to hear that, Bob.  Thank you for taking the time from your tribulations to give us an update.  Even though you say the diagnosis is "very bad," I am somewhat relieved - with as long as it has been I was fearing the worst. As the saying goes, while there is life, there is hope.  

O Lord Jesus Christ our God, Who did patiently endure the scourging and wounding of Your most holy Body, that You might save the souls and bodies of Your people, look graciously, we beseech You, upon the suffering body of Your servant, Carol, and give her strength to endure patiently whatsoever You shall see fit to lay upon her. Bless the means employed for the working out of her cure, granting that she may so endure her sufferings in the flesh that the wounding of her body may be to avail for the correcting and salvation of her soul, for Yours it is to show mercy and to save, O Christ our God; and to You do we send up Glory, as to Your Eternal Father and Your All‑Holy, Good and Life‑creating Spirit, both now and ever, and to the ages of ages. Amen.

May God grant her swift and complete healing of every malady, and give both of you the strength to endure this trial.

My hopes were buoyed when I saw an update, but my heart sank upon reading the news.

Joe said it best, "where there is life, there is hope." A positive mental attitude, and the support of those close to us can make all the difference.

The two of you continue in my thoughts and meditations.

On 1/3/2020 at 7:16 PM, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Got some bad news. Medical problems for my wife. I’ll be off the wire for awhile. :(

Update:

Thank you so much for the kind posts.

Tests have led to a very bad diagnosis today. We are devastated but primed for a fight. Carol is very strong and in good spirits. I will hopefully post any encouraging updates in the difficult weeks and months to come.

I am bouyed by your thoughts and prayers and most grateful.

Adios for now, my friends.

My prayers will continue with renewed fervor 

Our prayers are redoubled!! 

†Prayers continue for the both of you†

†Prayers continue for the both of you†

Prayers up from north Alabama just shy of the Tennessee line...

My God hold you both in the palm of his hand. I pray for a good outcome and the strength to deal with whatever comes.

Archived