SASS Wire Forum

Useless things we do that we know are useless

Like emailing politicians, bureaucracies, corporations or news agencies...and left clicking the mouse really really hard when hovering over the “Send” to be sure it gets there quicker and gets read...

It’s a double negative experience. ;)

We all know that consistent clicking of the tongs....

....will make the food taste better! :blush:

577586993_Clickingtongs.jpg.87e4389a2933cb8f9ad0de4d9af8c2dc.jpg

3 hours ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

Load up a bunch of meat in the crock pot, plug it in, turn it on hi............then start watching it.

JHC:wacko:

Kind of like watching golf.

Rinsing out a clean cup or glass off the shelf before filling it with whatever I'm going to drink...a habit from younger days when I did a lot of camping.  It began when I found myself staring at a swimming spider.

38 minutes ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

Punching the elevator button 10 times.........after it's lit.

JHC

If its the Close Door button then it is useless. The Close Door button does not work anywhere in the US.

2 minutes ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

Lining up dollar bills so they face the same way before putting them in my billfold. 

I thought I was the only one who did that.

57 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Ironing my paper money

.......................... our paper money is made of plastic .... it don't like irons or clothes dryers ........

please don't ask how I am aware of these facts ....:blush:

..... probably why "money laundering" is illegal ......

On 1/3/2020 at 5:30 PM, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

Lining up dollar bills so they face the same way before putting them in my billfold. 

That's not useless.  A couple hundred years ago when Petey ran a cash business & I cashiered for him when Aunt Jinx had book club, God help me if I didn't leave the register with all the bills facing the same way and without dogeared corners.  I still keep them and present them to cashiers this way.  And yes, I can count your change back to you.

7 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

If its the Close Door button then it is useless. The Close Door button does not work anywhere in the US.

It would be highly helpful if they'd label it in English instead of those stupid lines and arrows. Never can figure those out.

JHC

15 hours ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

Actually, this is something I learned years ago when I was working as a teller in a bank--always face up and always facing in the same direction.  Drives me nuts when I get change from making a purchase and the bills are going every direction.  One should also look at the faces on the bills rather than just at the number in the corner.  I've seen more than one instance where a $1.00 bill had the corners cut off and replaced with the numbers from a $20.

16 hours ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

Before she retired, Joyce, the long-time cashier at the local old-time hardware store, had all the regulars trained...if someone handed her a bunch of disorganized bills, she would give that over-the-glasses look and hand the bills back with the order to "fix that."  Of course, she was also there every day, with a smile and a good joke or two, and knew the exact location of everything in the store...and the first names of every one of us.  Good deal for her, but a bit sad for the customers when she finally did retire.

CS

10 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I always have.  makes' em easier to count.

Useless?  Cussing at idiots who drive too slow, hog the left hand lane, make abrupt un-signaled turns, etc.

My wife yells back at me "They can't hear you! I am the only one who can hear you!" But I did have a guy read my lips once and it almost turned nasty.

44 minutes ago, Charlie Plasters, SASS#60943 said:

My wife yells back at me "They can't hear you! I am the only one who can hear you!" But I did have a guy read my lips once and it almost turned nasty.

It's usually not the unheard verbal cussing that starts the altercations. Most of the time it's the visual "sign" language that starts the fire.

9 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Does work many places in the world and USA.

I don't know about the rest of the world but if the "close door" button works in an American elevator, then it is a direct violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act.

The law was made sometime in the '90's to help people with wheelchairs, crutches, etc.

18 hours ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

What's a billfold?

Just hand them straight to the wife.

Eliminates a step.

Calling the billing folks at the hospital to get a bill straightened out. You talk to "Pakistany Mike" whom just tells you: "You have bill, you must pay".

5 hours ago, Outrider Outlaw said:

Actually, this is something I learned years ago when I was working as a teller in a bank--always face up and always facing in the same direction.  Drives me nuts when I get change from making a purchase and the bills are going every direction.  One should also look at the faces on the bills rather than just at the number in the corner.  I've seen more than one instance where a $1.00 bill had the corners cut off and replaced with the numbers from a $20.

So they destroyed $21 in currency to get a $20 counterfeit?  At first I thought that was not believable. But then I remembered that if they were smart they'd be able to hold down a regular job. 

1 minute ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

So they destroyed $21 in currency to get a $20 counterfeit?  At first I thought that was not believable. But then I remembered that if they were smart they'd be able to hold down a regular job. 

Not necessarily, they could cut a different corner off of 4 different $20 bills; one missing corner wouldn't matter.

10 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Not necessarily, they could cut a different corner off of 4 different $20 bills; one missing corner wouldn't matter.

And it could just as easily be a 50 or hundred 

Archived