SASS Wire Forum

Cimarron Model P Opinions

Wade Fargo

I've had a .357 Model P for 5 or 6 years now. When I got into CAS last October, it was a no brainer to buy another.

I'll second the notion to start reloading that 44-40.

Model Ps are legal as a main match gun? I heard they were not.

I sure hope they are, because they make a good possibility for my wife in 38spl.

3 minutes ago, Bisley Joe said:

I sure hope they are, because they make a good possibility for my wife in 38spl.

??  The Colt SAA, more or less the gun this game is based on, is a Model P.

6 minutes ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

??  The Colt SAA, more or less the gun this game is based on, is a Model P.

That's what I thought. I probably read something wrong.

1 hour ago, Bisley Joe said:

The small frame version of the SAA known as the Pjr, Stallion, or Lightning is a legal main match revolver. My wife shoots a pair in 38 special. They are also available in .32

36 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

The small frame version of the SAA known as the Pjr, Stallion, or Lightning is a legal main match revolver. My wife shoots a pair in 38 special. They are also available in .32

596a19d3b7415_CimarronLightningJuly2017.jpg.6974515bedefee8d20ec18c91f5fb7b9.jpg

I have a pair of Lightning in 32WCF with extra 32 H&R that will also shoot 32 S&W.  I shot them in one match.  They are so much lighter than a full size gun even the light load 32 S&W loads had a snap to them.  The small grips are just too small for me. 

1 hour ago, Warden Callaway said:

596a19d3b7415_CimarronLightningJuly2017.jpg.6974515bedefee8d20ec18c91f5fb7b9.jpg

I have a pair of Lightning in 32WCF with extra 32 H&R that will also shoot 32 S&W.  I shot them in one match.  They are so much lighter than a full size gun even the light load 32 S&W loads had a snap to them.  The small grips are just too small for me. 

Oh those are nice!

On 1/3/2020 at 11:17 AM, Wade Fargo said:

Looking at these Cimarron Model P Revolvers in .44-40, opinions?

I have a set of new vaqueros in 357 but feeling like adding  to the arsenal.

The Cimarron Old Model P revolvers are fine guns.  There are a pair on the Classified Wire now, that have had all the bells and whistles, tuning and smoothing already done to them, and the price is good!

Archived