SASS Wire Forum

What are your goals for 2020?

Jed Cooper

Happy new year everyone. If you’ve seen me around here you probably know I’m new to the game. I’ve shot 2 matches so far and have had lots of fun. I have my first set of guns to run with, got my reloading station up and running that was mothballed, got some entry level leathers, a used cart and I’m ready for 2020. Being new, my goals are all over the place. I guess having fun, safety, accuracy and then speed would be my top of the list for now. I’m shooting 45 because that’s what I happened to trade into to get my six-guns so I’m thinking classic cowboy might be a fun category to settle into but I’m just going to make it to as many matches as I can and see how things unfold. 

Anyway, enough about me. What are your goals for the new year to come?

25AD1791-F17B-4008-B473-317C968396B6.jpeg

:) My goal is to survive to keep competing as a Grand Patron!!!   :D

Make it to 2021.

CAS - get my two handed 10-10-4 stand and deliver times below 16 seconds. Shoot Gunfighter without losing more than 1 second off my two handed times. Shoot well more consistently. Shoot CaC and EOT.

Life - rent out our current home and buy a new waterfront home. Get over tendinitis so I can enjoy fishing again.

Cataract Surgery end of January and early February. Maybe then I will actually be able to see the targets.

Don't plan on shooting much over the winter, gonna let the eyes heal for a while.

Still won't care how fast I shoot, my only goal, as ever, is clean matches.

New project, a Marlin Model 1889 that needs a little bit of work before I can bring it to a match. Should be a good winter project.

Photos will follow if Photobucket ever gets its act together.

I want to shoot in the new 90 plus category the same as Deadwood Miner. :) We need an 85+, a 90, a 95 and a 100 (Survivor).  :D

After 100+, we can start over a Buckaroos with .22s and .410s!  :lol:

happy new year , looking for a 38spcl rifle , setting goals for a couple added matches and returning to my long term ones and getting to shoot with my old friend who is just getting re-active after a few years absence , 

We'd like to travel to a couple new clubs and meet some of you. Our grandsons are both better than average baseball players and they play a lot on Sat. and Sun., so shooting takes a back seat. We plan on shooting Guns Smoke in Sept. And the usual stuff, too. You know, lose weight, save money, etc.... and vote to Keep America Great in November!:FlagAm:

Had prostate procedure in Apr 2019.  Had my last Radiation treatment the last of May. Fell and had a serious brain injury first week in June. I'd like to recover some of my abilities I had before the fun began.  Haven't fired a gun or driven my Pickup since May of 2019.

Shoot as many matches as possible clean, starting with Winter Range. I had one miss there the last time I shot it in 2018...

Enjoy life, have fun, do a little traveling, shoot safely, and get my times down.

I just started in the summer of 2019 and have had a lot of fun.  In 2020 I will be picking up the equipment getting into reloading so I can continue to shoot.  Factory 45LC ammo sure isn't cheap.  lol  I also plan on switching to the Classic Cowboy category which was my goal when I got into this. 

Best for 2020 is to get my butt in high gear and do so. Waaa, Haa.

PS: I don't need to try to beat any one but my Son Lead Finger and my wife Sly puppy.

Amen to that pilgrims.

Bring more young shooters into SASS through our new shooter orientations.

Shoot as many matches as I can with my best friend Ambush Al.

Continue my great enjoyment of watching my daughter win awards.

Archived