SASS Wire Forum

WTB 56-50 Spencer

Sedalia Dave

A real one? If so I can send pics.  I can also send pics of an original 1873 rifle

In 44.40

Was thinking reproduction but may consider an original.  Has it been converted to center fire

I left if as originally issued.  I bought it because when I was a boy a neighbor was a civil war fan and he had one over his fireplace.  I decided back when I was 10 that I wanted a Spencer.  I got one when I was 50.  Just ready to move on now.

2 hours ago, Wild Willi said:

How about 45 Schofield cheaper to shoot than 56-50 and still an original caliber

Thanks but it has to be a 56-50. Style points shooting Frontiersman and I can shoot it in Cody Dixon matches

• 2 weeks later...

Sedalia--To add to what Muley Gill suggested the Spencer Shooting Society forum on cascity.com has a wealth of Spencer shooting information and participants.

If you posted your interest there i think you would get some helpful information and very possibly the Spencer you are looking for. By the way the repro's come in both carbine and full length rifles and i am unsure which you would want. 

Archived