SASS Wire Forum

New Year's Resolution

Rye Miles #13621

So what's your New Year's Resolution?? Mine has been NO RESOLUTION for years!!!:P

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

RYE,

I don't make em either.   There's not much in my life I really need to change or care to change.

I might need to be more resolute and less procrastinate.  BUT... I've always lived a comfortable life

with a philosophy of..... "why procrastinate today when you can wait till tomorrow and start

procrastinating.

..........Widder   (yes, you can quote ME on that)   :lol:

They say that most Resolutions fail. :(

They also say that in order to form a habit, you must do the same thing consistently for 21 days in a row. :o

If you make it past 21 days you have "resolved" to make it happen. :)

Therefore, my resolution is to use my Gym Card more. :blink:

Post image

I made the only resolution that I have been able to follow over 30 years ago. 

I resolved to never make New Years Resolutions. It has served me well.

I resolve to retire, shoot more (CAS and other sports), and shoot more black powder.  My younger sister wants to shoot CAS and I resolve to give her all the assistance needed to get her started.

I won't make any resolutions either. I do plan on getting back to doing the things I was doing well prior to Mrs. Doc injuring herself and her mother passing away. I don't think they are the same thing.

Focusing on eating right (I put on about fifteen pounds through stress eating and being physically active). NOT a diet, just eating smart in the way that allowed me to drop thirty pounds and keep it off for a couple of years.

Be physically active-- As I have posted, I've been doing 5Ks, over the past few years, and had been actually doing OK at them.

Get back to my karate workouts. I enjoy doing them, and sparring is quite a physical workout in itself. I was doing well and was considering a couple of tournaments prior to things going wrong.

I'm also considering going back to a full time solo law practice. I've only been working at it part time for awhile now, as I was waiting for a potential job opportunity I was approached with and was very excited about to come to fruition. Whether it does eventually or not, I can't afford to continue to wait.

If I were to say I have resolutions, it would be to be more focused on my hobbies, including cowboy action, building models, and of course, karate. Oh, and I really want to get caught up with my reading.

Archived