SASS Wire Forum

Sold PF Remington Rolling Block in 50-90

Irontree

Sold pending funds.

Here is an interesting Moose, Bear and medium tank killer.  

This Remington Roller was made by Mr. P Ericsson (no darned idea who or when he was) but he was proud enough to stamp sign it.

It is indeed chambered for 50-90 Sharps and I would recommend that you stick with the 450-500gr bullet as I did since it's a relatively light weight rifle.

The barrel is 31 inches long.  There is speckled mild barrel corrosion near the chamber. This old gun shoots quite well and I've been hitting 10 inch disks out to 200yrds with it.

The sights that are in place limit you to around 150 to 200yrds effective range depending on your load, but serve quite well for hunting or target within that.

There is an old repair to the stock's wrist that showed no weakness during shooting 120rnds of 50-90 out of her over the last year.

There is a ramrod on the gun but it does have a mechanical extractor connected to the hammer that works. 

All and all, just a really neat old gun in a caliber that normally you have to pay MUCH more to get a gun that's chambered for it.

$475 Shipped USPS in CONUS.

If you want more pictures let me send them to you by cell phone please.  I live deep in the GA woods and it took over an hour just to get this one picture to load.

Rem #1.jpg

Rem #2.jpg

Rem #3.jpg

No...Those are my turkeys.  Bronze, Bourbons and Spanish Blacks

They are a pain in the butt.

They imprinted on me and my Mastiff because the weather turned bad while they were poults

so I had to hand raise them and make sure they didn't chill or starve.

Now we can't go outside without 17 turkeys wanting to stay within 3 feet of us all at the same time.

Can't talk on my cell outside because every time I speak the Tom's gobble and the Hens constantly peck at my hand wanting to be fed. <_<

My Wife Linda thinks it's hilarious that when Boo and I go for our daily walk the Turkey mafia follows us the whole way and back.

Turkeys.jpg

First "I'll take it" gets the call.     I need the words to call the time.

If you're telling me about what your FFL wants me to send and someone else says "I'll take it" ,  It's theirs.

As I understand them, those are the rules.

It is yours sir.  PM me for address.

Cool gun!  Wish I'd seen it in time.

Me too.  I gotta stop going to work and missing deals like this.:lol:

Archived