SASS Wire Forum

Hard boiled eggs

Rye Miles #13621

My wife uses the Instapot - no cracks, and for some reason the shells never stick to the egg, and peel easily.

LL

I have tried them in the instant pot, follow the directions, but they came out undercooked, and not as perfect as the ones that I just steam for 16 minutes.

I have tried them in the instant pot, follow the directions, but they came out undercooked, and not as perfect as the ones that I just steam for 16 minutes.

16 minutes sounds like long enough to get the green sulfurous layer between yolk and white.

16 minutes sounds like long enough to get the green sulfurous layer between yolk and white.

No..., 6 quart pot, 1 inch of water, eggs go into a veggie steamer, bring water to a boil, steamer goes in the pot, cover and steam for 16 minutes.  Remove from heat, run under cold water, and add ice to the water to stop the cooking process.  Eggs come out done, firm, bright yellow yolks, and NO GREEN!

No..., 6 quart pot, 1 inch of water, eggs go into a veggie steamer, bring water to a boil, steamer goes in the pot, cover and steam for 16 minutes.  Remove from heat, run under cold water, and add ice to the water to stop the cooking process.  Eggs come out done, firm, bright yellow yolks, and NO GREEN!

L or XL?

This has somehow morphed into peeling the eggs, that's great but I wanted to know how to stop them from cracking!:lol:

This has somehow morphed into peeling the eggs, that's great but I wanted to know how to stop them from cracking!:lol:

You really can’t. There is always a chicken that slacks off and underperforms. In a perfect world she’d be sent to the butcher first.

Archived