SASS Wire Forum

The Fiesta Bowl looks like it may get interesting in the second half, the Peach Bowl was over in the middle of the second quarter.

As an Ohio State fan, I'm very disappointed in the outcome. I do think that, by and large, it was Ohio State's game to lose. A couple of very costly mistakes in there. Having said that, I don't know that Ohio State or Clemson is up to LSU. And it might just be that LSU is going to be on a mission, given the loss of their offensive coordinator's daughter-in-law in a plane crash. Tragic news for them on what should be one of the greatest games of their careers.

What was wrong with the officiating that seemed lopsided or favored one over the other?

I saw, as did the TV announcers, a couple infractions that were no calls, but all in all,

it seemed to go both ways.

No doubt Ohio State has a very good team.   And maybe on another day and time, would win the

same game.   But when the scrambled eggs came out of the frying pan, they were more orange

colored than red.

I think its been reported that Clemson has won 29 straight games.   In college football today,

ya just don't luck out and win 29 straight games unless you have some really GOOD players and coaches.

Congrats to LSU & Clemson.   Again, the Big Ten and Pac 12 got a chance but came up short.

GO TIGERS!

..........Widder

What was wrong with the officiating that seemed lopsided or favored one over the other?

I saw, as did the TV announcers, a couple infractions that were no calls, but all in all,

it seemed to go both ways.

No doubt Ohio State has a very good team.   And maybe on another day and time, would win the

same game.   But when the scrambled eggs came out of the frying pan, they were more orange

colored than red.

I think its been reported that Clemson has won 29 straight games.   In college football today,

ya just don't luck out and win 29 straight games unless you have some really GOOD players and coaches.

Congrats to LSU & Clemson.   Again, the Big Ten and Pac 12 got a chance but came up short.

GO TIGERS!

..........Widder

I've been having non-Ohio State fans saying "Yeah, the reffing went against the Buckeyes." I expect referees to miss calls. It happens, they're human. Usually it isn't a big deal. In the case of the fumble that was ruled an incomplete pass after it was run for an Ohio State touchdown, you had the correct call on the field, changed after review with the most convoluted explanation after the fact I can recall, ever. That one changed call, likely gave Clemson the game. I will always hate it when two teams play their hearts out, leaving everything they have on the field, and the referees decide the outcome.

Archived