SASS Wire Forum

CATS the movie, go see it!

Now this may seem more appropriate in the Saloon, I would ask that it stay here so I can assure everyone who loves the play and the music that the movie is worth seeing despite the critics. Jennifer Hudson deserves another Academy award for her performance and the main character, “Victoria” played by Francesca Hayward is great. You become emotionally vested in the movie!  It had this old cowpoke crying as Jennifer sang her song, Memories!  Don’t pay attention to the critics it is worth the money!

Well, I went a saw it.  I was bored and the girlfriend actually fell asleep.  I had never seen the play before, so since there wasn't any dialog between songs to explain XXX was going on and whatever a "Jellicle cat" was, I focused on the CGI costumes and "tail play".  The effects were interesting, but all in all, I enjoyed "Midway" with Woody Harrelson much more.

My wife and I have been season ticket holders for several years of Broadway in Tucson.  "Cats" was one of this year's plays.  We did not enjoy the play "Cats" and left at the intermission.   I have since found out that "Cats" is pretty much an either love it or hate it type of play.

image.thumb.png.c69faadfa4c9be9531d8d06f2b05d48c.png

Wow, ok sorry I even mentioned it!  Still think the movie is getting a raw deal, and after seeing the Broadway show in Chicago, NY, and Miami, I am a fan obviously as was most of the people seeing Broadway shows that let it the longest running show in Broadway history. But I digress, just wanted to put it out there that the movie wasn’t as bad as the critics say. 

Wow, ok sorry I even mentioned it!  Still think the movie is getting a raw deal, and after seeing the Broadway show in Chicago, NY, and Miami, I am a fan obviously as was most of the people seeing Broadway shows that let it the longest running show in Broadway history. But I digress, just wanted to put it out there that the movie wasn’t as bad as the critics say. 

You gotta remember when you put something out there people will disagree! It happens exactly 100% of the time. I'm glad you enjoyed the movie. :)

My wife wants to see the movie even though she is not a cat person.

Never seen the Broadway version so we're unbiased at the moment.

Here in the SALOON, @Nimble Fingers SASS# 25439 you will learn that each of us has our own likes and dislikes. 

But as Cowboys and Cowgirls, we know that deep down inside, we ALL have a small spot in our hearts for felines. ;)

History has shown this to be true. :P

DISCLAIMER: My apologies for the gratuitous video which has been presented on the WIRE many times.

For those of you who appreciate the good news or wanted “comfort” thanks for the response.  As for the rest of you I forgot cold weather makes people surly so I will just relax in my SE FL area, a little too warm for me in the mid 70’s. 

For those of you who appreciate the good news or wanted “comfort” thanks for the response.  As for the rest of you I forgot cold weather makes people surly so I will just relax in my SE FL area, a little too warm for me in the mid 70’s. 

Art is subjective. Not everyone likes the same thing. If I personally dislike or love a film it shouldn’t effect anyone else’s opinion of it. And l don’t really care if no one else likes what I like or loves what I hate. Different strokes.

Archived