SASS Wire Forum

New Age Limit Law For Smoking Products

Cypress Sun

Trump signed into law, effective immediately, that one must be of age 21 or older to purchase smoking products. This includes , cigarettes, cigars, smokeless tobacco, pipe tobacco, roll your own tobacco, any vaping product and several other smoking related items.

In my opinion, this should have been done years ago. Of course, teenagers will still find a way and it will still be illegal, but it will help somewhat.

I disagree.

Now, if they'd create an exemption for 18 year olds in the military OR raise the age to 21 to enlist; I'd be on board.

If one is old enough to serve they're old enough to buy guns, tobacco,  alcohol, etc. in my opinion.

I disagree.

Now, if they'd create an exemption for 18 year olds in the military OR raise the age to 21 to enlist; I'd be on board.

If one is old enough to serve they're old enough to buy guns, tobacco,  alcohol, etc. in my opinion.

I agree entirely.

Kids won't grow up till they have responsibility. They won't become responsible till they're free to make mistakes. It's sort of a catch 22. We need to just pick an age for everything and understand that 90% of kids will be stupid till a few years after that. 

Or make them prove they have their own place. 

If tobacco is so bad, ban it.  

If tobacco is not so bad, leave it alone.

Politicians are too gutless to do either.  They try to look like they are concerned about health and safety while keeping their cash cow alive and well.

Its only about the tax stamp.

I don't smoke but tell me please, if we legalized pot because people were smoking it anyway,  including under 18, why make tobacco illegal for under age 21?  

We have an underage drinking problem that we can't stop,  how are you going to enforce underage tobacco usage?

I know people much older who still don't have any.

I resent that!!

So who is going to enforce this Federal law?

A. ATF?

B. FBI?
C. DEA?

D. Nobody?

Given what I have seen so far, raising the age is not going to change a dang thing. Schools are full of kids that have been vaping for years.

Effectively enforcing the existing law is what needs to be done. However that requires actual work while passing more laws can be done while sitting on their brains.

The reason they can grab 18 year-olds for the military is they go to boot camp and end up under the thumb of an older CO. Left to make their own decisions here in the civilian world they often make the wrong ones. Aside from that though, I agree there are those who still make poor decisions at age 30 so age limits alone won't fix society's problems.

That's one of the biggest problems in America today .

No one has to except responsibility for their own actions or choices ! 

Guns , Drinking , Drugs , Sex , Driving , Sports , Now Smoking. 

You know why most people over 40 learned to make better Choices then the general population 28 and under today .

1. Your Dad would Kick Your Butt .

2. The Judge would send you off to the Military 

3. There was Winners and Loosers And you did Not get a Perticipation Trophy  ! 

At 18 you can:

Vote
Sign a legally binding contract

Join the military. You MUST, as a male, sign up for Selective Service.

As I recall, the reason the voting age was lowered from 21 to 18 was due to the number of 18 year olds going off to war during Vietnam.

Pick an age, any age, but be consistent.

Old enough to serve in the military, then old enough to own and carry a gun, drink, or use tobacco. 

+100000

Archived