SASS Wire Forum

Hammer/Trigger kits for UbertiCattleman IIs

Ridge

I’m putting this question out to see if there would be an interest.  I’ve noticed that there have a lot of posts expressing concern about the reliability and function of the retractable firing pin safety system Uberti  has implemented and NOT offering the old traditional style hammers and forcing some importers like Cimarron, Taylor’s, EMF, Long Hunter, Buffalo Arms, etc. to sell the new system.  What if there was an American company that would make hammer/trigger  kits for the Uberti Cattleman?  Especially the way the old parts are flying off shelves.  I mean cowpunchers convert their Vaqueros all the time why not the Cattleman?  I mean we could manufacture Bisley style hammers to fit Cattleman’s,(I’ve seen this on Trumbull custom made SAAs)we could do old knurling patters that are long gone... the sky’s the limit.

just a thought...

If I remember right, Boomstick Arms LLC is getting this under way and is targeting spring of 2020 availability.  (But, sometimes my feeble grey matter fails me.) Maybe Boomstick Jay will see this thread and reply.  I put Taylor's Runnin' Iron hammers in my Ubertis, but I'm sure Taylors is long out of stock by now. 

The THING to remember/consider, is once Uberti makes an "enhancement" to their product line, they no longer support the "OLD" parts.  The only long term answer to the Goof Ball "Enhancement" to the Uberti SA Trigger and Hammer will be the after-market.  That may well turn out to be expensive but may well be the only get-a-round for the enhanced ignition system (sic).  Also, the only future replacement parts for the "old" type Uberti SA's.

I'm willing to bet .

A lot of Colt Replacement Parts can be fitted to the Original  Uberti guns .

I know I have Zero interest in the new Uberti's .

I have gone as far as sharing that with Uberti .

( they probably dont care about my email to them ) 

But I did it anyways. 

I'm thinking We can manage to keep our Uberti's running with out help from Uberti if it comes down to that .

SASS has some very talented people in its ranks .

Rooster 

Exactly, I mean look at APX and what they’ve done for M&P shield triggers for example, or how SASS shooters heavily modify their Rugers.  I’m not just talking about making your Uberti “right.” I’m thinking about being able to customize any and all SAAs.  I’m talking about screws too that would be better quality with all finish types and importers wouldn’t have to wait 6 months to get parts from overseas. There could even be customized pins for Vaqueros and Blackhawks.  No question that these parts would be pricey, but wouldn’t it be cool to be able to really make your SAA your own, and the retractable firing pin wouldn’t be so much of an issue.  The beauty of the system is that you could change it back if you wanted or needed to.

Exactly, I mean look at APX and what they’ve done for M&P shield triggers for example, or how SASS shooters heavily modify their Rugers.  I’m not just talking about making your Uberti “right.” I’m thinking about being able to customize any and all SAAs.  I’m talking about screws too that would be better quality with all finish types and importers wouldn’t have to wait 6 months to get parts from overseas. There could even be customized pins for Vaqueros and Blackhawks.  No question that these parts would be pricey, but wouldn’t it be cool to be able to really make your SAA your own, and the retractable firing pin wouldn’t be so much of an issue.  The beauty of the system is that you could change it back if you wanted or needed to.

Could likely make some "Colt" short stroke kits, new hammers, hands, and triggers.

Archived