SASS Wire Forum

Your Favorite Christmas Gift(s)

Pat Riot

How are you able to play with something like that in California? Do you have a grandfathered lower to put it on?

Nope...He just runs around with that upper going "Pew Pew Pew"....:P

How are you able to play with something like that in California? Do you have a grandfathered lower to put it on?

I bought the lower several years ago.  Since it's not assembled and remains inside my house, it's not a problem.  When done it'll have one of those funky "gotta break it open to change the magazine" gizmos (which can be removed if I ever leave this state).  Won't function as designed, but will be legal and at least look cool - if a mite odd, with the A2 upper and A1 handguard. 

Not that it matters... with it's 1 in 12" rifling it probably won't shoot the california mandated solid copper boolits worth a poop anyway.  :(

However, it's still a cool Christmas gift~!  :)

I mentioned to the wife I was thinking about a new hat and this was under the tree:wub:

For the sharp eyed yes that is a cat stretched out on the stair ( I don't know why but she insists on sleeping there, its only a matter of time before she kills one of us when we trip on her....................... aaahhhhh that's why)

IMG_0061.jpg

Major,

get a little water pistol and each time someone starts down the stairs, squirt the cat if

its laying on the steps.

This will only take a few times and the cat will start to move when someone approaches the steps.

You are correct... someone will trip on it and have a bad outcome.

..........Widder

My new Sleep Number bed.  Replaced a Select Comfort (Forerunner of Sleep Number)  that we bought in 1993.  The mattress was still good but the frame and extra pads were shot.

Also got a shop vac on sale at Home Depot for $19.95.

We also got a sleep number. The 9I. I have had trouble getting comfortable in our old bed and didnt get much sleep due to my osteoporosis. This bed has made all the difference in the world. Merry Christmas to me. 

We also got a sleep number. The 9I. I have had trouble getting comfortable in our old bed and didnt get much sleep due to my osteoporosis. This bed has made all the difference in the world. Merry Christmas to me. 

This was my third.  Got the original mentioned above, then a queen size for the guest bedroom, and now this one.

Major,

get a little water pistol and each time someone starts down the stairs, squirt the cat if

its laying on the steps.

This will only take a few times and the cat will start to move when someone approaches the steps.

You are correct... someone will trip on it and have a bad outcome.

..........Widder

The cat heard you Widder, she hasnt been there since:ph34r:

5 pounds of coffee, 2 bottles of whiskey, and a one pound chocolate bar.

Mine was a Photo of my Next Grandchild in mommy's tummy ......

Now we know both our Boys will be Daddy's this summer ...

Jabez Cowboy

That's pretty good. Maybe if you try really had all year long, next year you'll get 45s.  

I've got 14 single actions in .44 & .45 I've never had Bisley's or anything in .38 so I was tickled to get these,  I figure if I,m really good next year and I like the Bisley's maybe I'll get a brace in .44.

A Black Bear hunting trip to Ontario, CA.

Sarge, I hate to be the one to tell ya this, but I do believe there's ordinances against shooting bears in Ontario, Ca.  :huh:

Prolly one of the reasons Forty Rod moved outta the place and off to the wilds of Arizona!  ^_^

Ontario is a city located in southwestern San Bernardino County, California, 35 miles (56 km) east of downtown Los Angeles and 23 miles (37 km) west of downtown San Bernardino, the county seat. Located in the western part of the Inland Empire metropolitan area, it lies just east of Los Angeles County and is part of the Greater Los Angeles Area. As of the 2010 Census, the city had a population of 163,924, up from 158,007 at the 2000 census.   whistling.gif

Sorry about the confusion.  In Michigan, CA stands for Canada, not California. California hardly ever crosses my mind.

I couldn't resist.  Temptation and opportunity got the best of me.   ^_^  

We had a late Christmas as daughter and family had prior commitments in California. 

Anyway, she gifted us with this beautiful custom handmade depiction of the Betsy Ross flag. It's  3x5 hand painted on wood. 

20191228_164532.jpg

Sarge, I hate to be the one to tell ya this, but I do believe there's ordinances against shooting bears in Ontario, Ca.  :huh:

Prolly one of the reasons Forty Rod moved outta the place and off to the wilds of Arizona!  ^_^

Ontario is a city located in southwestern San Bernardino County, California, 35 miles (56 km) east of downtown Los Angeles and 23 miles (37 km) west of downtown San Bernardino, the county seat. Located in the western part of the Inland Empire metropolitan area, it lies just east of Los Angeles County and is part of the Greater Los Angeles Area. As of the 2010 Census, the city had a population of 163,924, up from 158,007 at the 2000 census.   whistling.gif

It's OK to shoot black bears there as long as you holler "OH NO ITS COMING RIGHT FOR US!" Just before you shoot. 

Archived