SASS Wire Forum

Your Favorite Christmas Gift(s)

Pat Riot

What was your favorite Christmas Gift or gifts this year?

I am talking physical gifts here. Not emotional gifts or visitations, but physical  gifts.

My favorite gift is a Victorinox "Explorer" pocket knife  from my wife.

A Krup coffee grinder from a "Secret Santa" game. Everyone brings a wrapped gift and you roll a big nerf die and there's rules as to what you can steal or pick out. It's fun and there's about 10 of us so we don't have to spend a ton of money!

My son bought the coffee grinder and I wound up with it!

image.png.7c3ff892584367d05e297d842ed85f2c.png   RYOBI WORKBENCH LIGHT

Last month, we had a gentleman come and pick up a load of scrap metal from our property.

He came at night with his trailer and had this light attached to the back tailgate of the trailer.

Removing it, he was able to place it in the dark, pitch black areas of the back yard, which lit it up like daylight.

Wanted one and Santa came through.

Last month, we had a gentleman come and pick up a load of scrap metal from our property.

He came at night with his trailer and had this light attached to the back tailgate of the trailer.

Removing it, he was able to place it in the dark, pitch black areas of the back yard, which lit it up like daylight.

Wanted one and Santa came through.

That is a cool light!

So I get Hannukah gifts . . .

.300 Savage 99 Rifle with some reloading accessories and ammo

.38-40 Birdshead SAA clone with 4 3/4 barrel and simulated ivory grips

a shoulder holster for the same

A University of Alabama grill Spatula

a kinetic art piece

Still not over, so I might get up to 8 ;)  1st three were from myself to myself

My new Sleep Number bed.  Replaced a Select Comfort (Forerunner of Sleep Number)  that we bought in 1993.  The mattress was still good but the frame and extra pads were shot.

Also got a shop vac on sale at Home Depot for $19.95.

A short barreled .45 vaquero case hardened. I have been wanting to do a 10in vaquero project and I couldn't pass this one up for the price.  Unfortunately it's an extremely low round count and I almost feel bad about swapping out the barrel.

However I wanted to try making barrels at work so....

Probably the one that excited me the most was the Ruger 10/22 I got from my parents (okay, my dad) back in 1985 when I was still a teenager. I couldn't wait to go into the woods next door to try it out. I left the house with the rifle and 200 rounds of ammo, and probably came back 15 minutes later with no ammo left. ;)

My wife found a Hondo neckerchief online with a little help, and it's on its way.

I found a DVD of a movie filmed on the narrow gauge railroad in southwestern Colorado, "A Ticket To Tomahawk".  I remember Dad taking us to see it at the drive-in in 1950 when we lived in Pueblo, and the family being excited about seeing Colorado scenery on the big screen.  I will be watching it while on my exercise bike.

IMG-0011.thumb.jpg.512292a5510dd4c2e97445681ef986b5.jpg

IMG-9990.thumb.jpg.124a709719b80ea4e9e7b7b0af9d7e69.jpg

Probably the one that excited me the most was the Ruger 10/22 I got from my parents (okay, my dad) back in 1985 when I was still a teenager. I couldn't wait to go into the woods next door to try it out. I left the house with the rifle and 200 rounds of ammo, and probably came back 15 minutes later with no ammo left. ;)

I guess I should have clarified..I meant yesterday...this year...:lol:

Glad you liked that 10/22, though. ;)

I guess I should have clarified..I meant yesterday...this year...:lol:

Glad you liked that 10/22, though. ;)

Unfortunately no gifts at all this year. Just a family gathering with some food. I didn't even treat myself like I normally do because my play funds are completely depleted at the moment. But... at least I still have that 10/22. ^_^

I’ll start with these, there’s one more that’s pretty special but I’ve misplaced it after returning from Arizona.

The Atlas 46 tool vest is a birthday/Christmas present from my wife since my birthday is close to Christmas.

The scotch is from my oldest grand kids.

0B874B50-D12E-4D14-B229-DD7B4AC48EAA.jpeg

80D358D3-8C49-4560-ABD3-4B8F5D6E6DE5.jpeg

I got a Oneway Stronghold chuck with #3 jaws.  Santa knew exactly what I needed.

Very nice!! Those are a great chuck.

I made an off the cuff remark sometime back in the summer about having always wanted a stone mortar and pestle.  I have never been able to justify the need for one, and really have no regular use for it.  But the wife remembered me making the statement, and found me one carved out of stone.  

mortar and pestle.jpg

We’re at the age where we have pretty much everything that we want and our needs are simple.My favorite gift this Christmas is a set of cast iron cookware. When we moved what I had was put into storage and hasn’t been seen since. I already broke in the twelve inch skillet in when I used to cook Christmas dinner. I hope everyone had as good a day as I did 

I got a barrel~!!  :lol:

Been working on a "retro" AR build for years.  Sassparilla Kid gave me a barrel with gas tube and flash hider!  ^_^

Now, all I need is a lower parts kit, upper receiver parts kit, buffer and spring!  :)

1659579279_ARBarrel.thumb.jpg.4a703a3da2d6fd9335d048fb997564ae.jpg

A few times in the past I gave picture frames to my daughters and asked they be returned with pictures.

this year they gave me an electronic frame that has it’s own email account. Anybody who knows the email address can send photos.  Skylight.com is the site.

I'm certainly not trying to sound like I'm complaining, but the best gift I got this year was from a "white elephant" gift exchange at a modeling club I belong to. I got this:

130064-13652-34-pristine.jpg.3fcc177662d88e35d8e70b98cc12ae19.jpg

I'm not an armor modeler, so it will be a new and different challenge for me, if I get around to it.

Hogue black pearl grips for my Ruger Vaqueros and a pair of Tecovas boots.

Although it wasn't a surprise...and I got it before Christmas, my wife told me to

"Go ahead and get it".

The 'IT' is a new Yamaha Kodiak 450 ATV.  

She either loves me a lot or wants me gone from the house a lot..... :lol: 

..........Widder

Although it wasn't a surprise...and I got it before Christmas, my wife told me to

"Go ahead and get it".

The 'IT' is a new Yamaha Kodiak 450 ATV.  

She either loves me a lot or wants me gone from the house a lot..... :lol: 

..........Widder

Did she put a gift card in your stocking for a gas station far far away? :D

You mean you all got something?? Dang. I must have been bad. Did not get a thing.

Told the kids not to get us anything. Just spend it on the grandkids.

Wife and I took a 7 day cruise over Thanksgiving for our 25th. So we added

each others Christmas into that. Plus got us some stuff while on the trip.

So the wife and I did not have anything on Christmas this year.

As to gifts for the both of us, we intentionally bought a new gas cooktop, as we both prefer gas for cooking.  We then were surprised with a leaking water heater, and (so far) $800 worth of unexpected medical bills from an emergency overnight stay.  

I got a barrel~!!  :lol:

Been working on a "retro" AR build for years.  Sassparilla Kid gave me a barrel with gas tube and flash hider!  ^_^

Now, all I need is a lower parts kit, upper receiver parts kit, buffer and spring!  :)

1659579279_ARBarrel.thumb.jpg.4a703a3da2d6fd9335d048fb997564ae.jpg

How are you able to play with something like that in California? Do you have a grandfathered lower to put it on?

Archived