SASS Wire Forum

Just saw this

Alpo

One of the web comic artists I read posted a Christmas card. At first I laughed, because the bear was funny.

Then as I looked more at the picture, questions occurred.

co20191225c.thumb.jpg.206b7c5397c6eb6fc53fb5234562f89e.jpg

The first one was - is it safe to put a wooden clock on top of a wood stove? I've never had one, so don't know how hot they get up there. But I've seen ads and articles talking about having a tea kettle sitting up there to help humidify your house in the winter. That makes it seem like it would be a little hot.

I understand that if the stove is not lit it won't get hot. And I see no glow in the glass, so I assume it is not lit. But still I wondered.

Second one - I wonder how much grief she will catch for having a bear skin rug in her house? Because sure as God made little green horse apples, that will offend bunches of people.

The first one was - is it safe to put a wooden clock on top of a wood stove?

Darned hot.  Hot enough to keep your coffee simmering.  
We have one.  We don't use it for fires because the flu comes out just a few feet from a large pine tree (don't know what the previous owner was thinking).  It is our TV stand now.

What I want to know is what is that little animal in the background? Is it a stuffed dog or what?

In front of the stereo speakers, next to the wood stove?

That's a dragon.

IMG_20191225_094038.jpg

Honestly, I looked at the picture with a little solemnness because there were no presents

under the tree.

Which made me think there were no laughing, little children around.

Very nice picture.   It looks like a stereo next to the stove with speakers.

If someone lights up that stove..... sumpin is gonna get burnt.

..........Widder

It looks like a stereo next to the stove with speakers.

If someone lights up that stove..... sumpin is gonna get burnt.

..........Widder

I'm guessing that the stereo was moved out of the way to make room for the tree, and that it does not normally sit next to the stove.

The clock might burn but not before those stacks of CDs melt and stink up the place.

Did not realize that's what they were. Did not look at the stove that close. Thought they were pans of water, that you put on top of the stove to help humidify the house in the winter.

Honestly, I looked at the picture with a little solemnness because there were no presents

under the tree.

Which made me think there were no laughing, little children around.

I think I can imagine that bear burping, which might explain why there are no presents under the tree... <_<

I take a winter XC ski trip every year with kids and grandkids. We use a big 12' x 20' outfitters tent, with a wood stove by Four Dog in Montana. 

Last winter I roasted chicken in a Dutch oven on top of the stove, and also baked biscuits on it, with a collapsible Coleman camp oven set on top.  We perc coffee on top of it all the time.

So the answer is yes-- they get hot on top. But then, if you burn wood in a steel stove, that's what you would expect.

Archived