SASS Wire Forum

10 “El Dorado” Themed Stages from OOWSS

Jed I. Knight, SASS #36423

This year’s Oregon Old West Shooting Society’s Annual ‘Shootout at Saddle Butte’ had 10 stages based on the John Wayne / Robert Mitchum movie, “El Dorado”: 

How many lines do you recognize? :D

Just because I cannot take myself out of TO/ spotter mode even when watching Jedi TV videos...

Stage 10; written stage instruction calls for 4+ on shotgun.

Shooter engaged with three shells and was called clean.

Sorry.  Can't help myself.  ;)

Looked like a fun match even in the rain.

Stage 9 said the same 4+ shotgun. Shooter shot only 3.

Creeker and Ace, you are correct. Written round count 4+ SG   Jed I says "With SG, knock down all the SG targets", which he did.

Maybe it was stated that you could get two plates with one shot. Should written round count have said 2+? Maybe, but as long as everyone knew the intent I'd say it was good.

Jed I thanks for posting pilgrim. Merry Christmas and some where in time see you on the range.

Jackrabbit Joe& Sly Puppy

Jed I., Love the video. Would like to shoot with your club, but it's just a little outside of my travel range at this time.

I hope Santa brought you a new shirt. That one looks like it shrunk in the wash.^_^

( yes, all of mind did, too )

Always great to watch..hi to Mudflat..why he ain't aged one bit !!!

Glad you enjoyed it!  

Just because I cannot take myself out of TO/ spotter mode even when watching Jedi TV videos...

Stage 10; written stage instruction calls for 4+ on shotgun.

Shooter engaged with three shells and was called clean.

Sorry.  Can't help myself.  ;)

Looked like a fun match even in the rain.

Yep, good eye!  That was one of those situations where the stage description was changed from what it said in the book. 

Stage 9 said the same 4+ shotgun. Shooter shot only 3.

Again, just a change from when the book was printed to when the posse was told how to shoot the stage.  :D

If you can't shoot a match than watch a match.

:D Absolutely!

Creeker and Ace, you are correct. Written round count 4+ SG   Jed I says "With SG, knock down all the SG targets", which he did.

Maybe it was stated that you could get two plates with one shot. Should written round count have said 2+? Maybe, but as long as everyone knew the intent I'd say it was good.

You got it right.  When we got to those stages we were told that there wasn’t a round count, just knock ‘em down how ever many it took.  

Jed I thanks for posting pilgrim. Merry Christmas and some where in time see you on the range.

Jackrabbit Joe& Sly Puppy

Merry Christmas to you two too!

Jed I., Love the video. Would like to shoot with your club, but it's just a little outside of my travel range at this time.

I hope Santa brought you a new shirt. That one looks like it shrunk in the wash.^_^

( yes, all of mind did, too )

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed the episode! 

Not sure what you mean about the shirt... I just bought that one this year, for Christmas.  And, yep, it’s tight across the chest and arms (I guess that’s what happens when you workout everyday).  I’m one of those that has a hard time buying off-the-rack clothes, a large is too baggy and a medium is sometimes a little snug.  

Of course; I've attended many matches where the stage got changed somewhere between writing and reading.

Heck, done a few of those myself.

I was simply being pedantic. 

No offense meant to the shooter, TO or club.

Tho I do recommend either setting shotgun targets so that multiples cannot happen OR make the round count 1+.  

And then cheer on the folks that get the multiples with one shot.

Of course; I've attended many matches where the stage got changed somewhere between writing and reading.

Heck, done a few of those myself.

I was simply being pedantic. 

No offense meant to the shooter, TO or club.

None taken Creeker!  

Have a Merry Christmas Pard.

Merry Christmas to you two too!

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed the episode! 

Not sure what you mean about the shirt... I just bought that one this year, for Christmas.  And, yep, it’s tight across the chest and arms (I guess that’s what happens when you workout everyday).  I’m one of those that has a hard time buying off-the-rack clothes, a large is too baggy and a medium is sometimes a little snug.  

Not a personal attack. Just my slightly off-center humor. You are IMHO what this sport should be. Keep doing it  ( and sharing it with us ) just the way you do.

Not a personal attack. Just my slightly off-center humor. You are IMHO what this sport should be. Keep doing it  ( and sharing it with us ) just the way you do.

It’s all good pard.  :)   

• 3 weeks later...

I posted photos of all 10 of the stages into this album on Facebook: 

2019 Shootout at Saddle Butte

Each individual photo has a link in the description that will take you directly to a video of that stage being shot.  

Archived