SASS Wire Forum

Gift Wrap

Subdeacon Joe

So what's wrong with it?   :huh:

Ha!  I've been known to wrap gifts in Sunday funnies... burlap... canvas...  it all works and can be tastefully done.  :)

Raffia makes a decent ribbon substitute.  come to think of it, so does manila cord!  ^_^

So what's wrong with it?   :huh:

Ha!  I've been known to wrap gifts in Sunday funnies... burlap... canvas...  it all works and can be tastefully done.  :)

Raffia makes a decent ribbon substitute.  come to think of it, so does manila cord!  ^_^

I used to use the Sunday funnies for wrapping paper, too.  I'd also use fabric, enough for a shirt or skirt, as wrapping "paper." And use ribbon or other trim to tie it up.  

As for what is wrong with it - the tape is crooked.

I’m actually a pretty good wrapper. My mom was the Leonardo da Vinci of gift wrappers and taught me some techniques. When I buy presents and the clerk at the store asks me if I want them gift wrapped, I always say, “No thanks, I’ll do it myself”. Sometimes I detect a small sigh, rolling of the eyes or a slight shudder. :D

A long time ago I worked in a hardware store and we offered gift wrap services. The ladies there were darn good at wrapping anything regardless of shape. I could barely wrap a square box without it looking like it fell off a truck. Turns out a lot of male customers insisted I wrap their gifts anyway, for it would at least look like they did it. A perfectly-wrapped gift would've been too obvious to their wives or kids.

I use Sunday funnies - colorful and you can read them after unwrapping the package.  Brown paper bag with twine tie at the top - can be use as a trash bag afterwards.  And the kids always knew from whom the package came. :-)

(They called it Finlander wrapping). :-)

STL Suomi

We had a group calendar exchange this year.  In order to disguise the calendar I brought, I wrapped it in a paper grocery bag with handle's and put a bow on it.  No one knew it came from me.

I owed a friend $20 for a bet I lost. I took the $20, put in a plastic baggie and cut the top of the baggie off so that the top of the $20 and the baggie were even. Then I proceeded to layer duct tape, front and back, across the "package" until I had used an entire roll of duct tape. Ended up being about 3/4" thick. Handed it to him and told him his bet money was somewhere inside. It was well worth the $20 to watch him get to the money inside.

Oh, I wrap my own gifts and am not bad at it.

Archived