SASS Wire Forum

Nevada Jim's new stock

Ace_of_Hearts

When are you and I going to get together and start putting some maple on my guns? :wub:

High quality Maple, especially the Birdseye Maple you like has gotten very expensive due to the recent use in the music industry. A good Birdseye Maple butt stock blank is now selling for north of $500. By the time the blank is inletted and fitted and finished you would have a stock that is worth twice what the gun is worth. Curly Maple can be obtained for less, but it has gone up in price considerably. The lighter colored woods take longer to finish as the wood can show every sanding mark that the maker has made. The wood must be finished with 400 paper or higher to remove traces of sanding. This equates to a production time of around six months for one gun.

I just don't have that kind of time anymore.

I will be making SKB butt stocks from Carlo Walnut and Bastogne Walnut and making them available as a 99% finished stock. They will require some minor fitting to the action and bedding to the action as well as cutting to length and installing a recoil pad. They will be 350.00 and 500.00 respectively.

Between running an Electronic Security Business, a small craft business, making gunstocks,  a Cowboy Action Club, and just being up there in age, I can only do about 3 to 6 of these a year. You would have to be very special for a special order.  Somewhere in there I would like to replace the stock on my own SKB so it doesn't look like a well used fence post.

You would have to be very special for a special order.

But Shooting Bull is very special.

I mean it's the short bus, protective hockey equipment, "bless his heart" (said in the best Blazing Betsy southern accent) type of special.  

But he is special none the less.

But Shooting Bull is very special.

I mean it's the short bus, protective hockey equipment, "bless his heart" (said in the best Blazing Betsy southern accent) type of special.  

But he is special none the less.

You read my mind. Even Betsy’s voice.:lol:

Archived