SASS Wire Forum

Did Taylor and Co ever offer the 1873 rifle in Stainless Steel?

I've been waiting for a 45LC "in the white" for six months. Apparently, they don't make many of them...

Not to be lame, but what does "in the white" mean?

Coming from a drag racing background, I think I have an idea, but....

Unfinished, bare steel; although I think there is a clear finish of some kind put on most of them.

Not to be lame, but what does "in the white" mean?

Coming from a drag racing background, I think I have an idea, but....

They're blued just like any other blue gun but then polished to remove the very outer layer of bluing.  You get the same level of protection as a normal blue gun but the look of stainless.  Both of my rifles are Taylor's '73s in the white. 

They're blued just like any other blue gun but then polished to remove the very outer layer of bluing.  You get the same level of protection as a normal blue gun but the look of stainless.  Both of my rifles are Taylor's '73s in the white. 

Really?!  I had not heard that

A dealer I once worked for had an in-the-white Uberti Henry for quite a while.  Had to be very careful handling that one, the barrel would corrode easily from fingerprints if not wiped down well every day before putting back in the safe.  Depending on how acidic they are, fingerprints can corrode charcoal blue as well.

I knew a CAS pard once that would flitz the finish off of every gun he owned.  They all looked like nickle.  He had no problems keeping them shiny. 

They aren't polished. They re french grey-ed. Basically blued then chemically stripped. 

I once had a Uberti 1860 Henry "In The White."  Took a lot of work to keep it from rusting.  Sometimes wish I'd kept it.

I have a '92 as such.  Has a brass receiver.  Only one I have seen wandering around shoots I have attended.

I have a '92 as such.  Has a brass receiver.  Only one I have seen wandering around shoots I have attended.

I used to see those some years ago.  I always thought those barrels were stainless, since they did make the '92's in stainless.

Currently offered for sale...

https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/fs-357mag-lever-action-stainless-steel-taylor-co-uberti.2107089/

A lot of good pics, here's one...

[IMG]

RRR

Currently offered for sale...

https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/fs-357mag-lever-action-stainless-steel-taylor-co-uberti.2107089/

A lot of good pics, here's one...

[IMG]

RRR

Rick,

That is the thread that started THIS thread.  I sent a message to the seller who said that he picked it up in trade.  I believe that it is really "in the white" and he only thinks that it is Stainless, as it doesn't actually say "stainless" anywhere on the gun.

Archived