SASS Wire Forum

Comin at Cha 2020? Ironman category

SHOOTIN FOX

I understand your point, but I am not in favor of anyone winning more that one category in the main match. Second and third categories dilute the pool. I don't think that the other categories should even be scored along with the main match, just the designated official category.

Or, have the Iron Peeps all on the same posse.  Each Iron Peep picks a category to shoot in.  Then as a posse, decide which 'wave' will count as main match scores in that category.  Wouldn't be right to have all morning, or all afternoon scores count against other folks doing morning AND afternoon.

Creeker you should go. 36 stages or not. It worth the trip even if it was 12 stages.

Even though I don't agree with shooting more than one category.

It does not take away from this match.

T-Bone and the gang put on one of the best matches/shows out there.

Just don't like to see this trend. Even my home club is now doing 2 categories.

Which I must say. Has had me wondering about shooting even that.

But it does look like it will be a trend. So go with the flow. Or put the guns back up.

To me this addresses one of the few characteristics of SASS that I’m not thrilled about. A typical match takes 2/3 to 3/4s of a day to shoot for maybe 2 minutes or less of actual shooting.

I wish this was an option at all matches as long as those who exercised that option still did Posse work.

As far as an Iron Man category at CaC y’all are making it too complicated and restrictive. Shoot whatever categories you want but only one age based two handed category.

Back to the idea. Shoot three waves with your selected categories and posse  as assigned. You are eligible for normal category awards, etc.  The idea  for the iron group was to consolidate the score from all 36 stages and rank for bragging rights.  Some type of award/pin/buckle to memorialize the completion of the marathon shoot. 

You have to compete all three days and do all of the normal posse duties associated with a match. All three days. That is the point of the “iron” category.

CAC 2020 will not have IM category. BUT !!!!!Hey I have an Idea??? Let’s shoot another match date! 3 days , 3 waves and one category IRON MAN/ cowboy/ cowgirl,Or something like that. 36 stages in 3 days. No door prizes no side matches no fancy food no BIG awards.  If I can get some friends to help and posse marshal. I will donate the range, timers, scoring. With that said who might be in? This is not official. Just talking. TJD talked about this a while back. What say you???

Back to the idea. Shoot three waves with your selected categories and posse  as assigned. You are eligible for normal category awards, etc.  The idea  for the iron group was to consolidate the score from all 36 stages and rank for bragging rights.  Some type of award/pin/buckle to memorialize the completion of the marathon shoot. 

You have to compete all three days and do all of the normal posse duties associated with a match. All three days. That is the point of the “iron” category.

You'll never last 3 days Fox, you can hardly last one day in OK.????:wacko::D:D

Archived