SASS Wire Forum

Culinary Atrocity

Subdeacon Joe

I saw this in Safeway last night:

Squeezable Sauerkraut

Sauer Frau is revolutionizing sauerkraut. Unscrew our exclusive cap, remove the freshness seal, and replace the cap tightly. To adorn your favorite brat or Reuben sandwich, simply squeeze as you would with any other condiment. If you prefer your kraut warm, squeeze the amount you need into a pot. Whether at a backyard BBQ with friends or dining at home with family, sauerkraut has never been so easy!

Anathema! 

YUCK....I hate sauerkraut....in any form!

Ya know... I can see it having a place.  :)

I likes some kraut on a hot dog - and I'd appreciate jugs of this stuff at the ball game instead of the open bowls with grubby tongs and orbiting flies.   sick.gif

Yeah!  Things like cheese!  And beer.

I don’t even let that stinking rotten crap in my house and a friend described beer as peasant p*** and I agree with that assessment 

Sauerkraut is not rotten cabbage. It is pickled fermented cabbage. Look it up. It’s actually good for you in limited quantities. 

Kimchi is spicy fermented cabbage. It is also not “rotten” but it does sour and ferment more with age. 

Sauerkraut is not rotten cabbage. It is pickled fermented cabbage. Look it up. It’s actually good for you in limited quantities. 

Kimchi is spicy fermented cabbage. It is also not “rotten” but it does sour and ferment more with age. 

My wife is so Polish the ski is on the wrong end of her name and sorry it’s rotten 

I guess you've never run into Lutefisk.     GW

Or Stinkflipper.

I don’t even let that stinking rotten crap in my house and a friend described beer as peasant p*** and I agree with that assessment 

How dare you. Ben Franklin was fond of  beer. And Ben could do no wrong! :lol:

I am not particularly fond of Sauerkraut, but squeezable sauerkraut is wrong on many levels. :wacko:

How dare you. Ben Franklin was fond of  beer. And Ben could do no wrong! :lol:

Never could develop a taste for beer so I made a great designated driver in college. Now bourbon is another story lol

Never could develop a taste for beer so I made a great designated driver in college. Now bourbon is another story lol

Okay... there's hope for Henry~!   :lol:

YUCK....I hate sauerkraut....in any form!

My brother in arms. That's the only thing wrong with a Reuben sammich is that $%$#% sauerkraut. I did a DNA test a year ago or so, zero percent German. Y'all can have my share.

JHC

Howdy:

Norwegian Brown Goat Cheese ( Fløtemysost) - Pass on this.   Creamy yuck.  I rather liked the summer kimchi. WInter Kimchi - not so much. HAHAH  Surströmming - canned fermented fish  - is so bad the can occasionally explode. You have to be near starvation to consider eating this.  Lutefish smells like summer roses in comparison.

STL Suomi

I don't think some things are meant to be in a squeeze bottle. Pickle relish and saurkraut are two of them

Nothin better  than a Half smoke on a giant hot dog bun with hot sauerkraut  and topped with pickled Jalapenos.

kR

Give the jalapenos the day off and throw in some good horseradish!

I guess you've never run into Lutefisk.     GW

Tacoma Historical Society
· December 20, 2017 · Edited · 

Now is Lutefisk Time, according to an ad for the Boathouse Grill at Point Defiance which appeared in the The News Tribune 50 years ago today.

The newspapers in our collection are a treasure-trove of Tacoma history, from significant events to the details of everyday life.

No photo description available.

It baffles me that people would deliberately make something rotten then eat it 

It's not rotten - it's fermented, and WAY good for you.  At least they don't bury it in the ground like kimchi (which I also eat).  I'm not picky about the delivery method.  But I'm not eating any rotting/fermented animal matter.

Archived