SASS Wire Forum

Winter Range Filling Up

Rattlesnake Slim

Howdy Pardners,

Winter Range is filling up quickly. Less than 150 Cowboy and  20 Wild Bunch spots remain. If you have been putting it off for some reason, get on it. Don't be left in the dust, get those applications in now.

Also, we have a limited number of Arizona Territorial Ranger spots available this year, due to the well deserved retirement of some long-time friends. If you have a minimum of seven days between February 19th and March 2nd to spend giving back to your fellow WR shooters, here's your chance to join the gang. Yes, we are a large, friendly, hard working and occasionally dysfunctional family, and you just might fit right in. You get a colorful silk scarf,  $1 a day, free lunch, and if you're still alive, a huge thank you dinner on Tuesday March 3rd.

If this sounds like a dream come true, email Range Master and Ranger Coordinator Nine Toe Joe at ninetoe@winterrange.com. More info is available here: http://winterrange.com/atr.html

Potential Arizona Territorial Rangers,

This is a fun and enjoyable way to see the inner workings of the biggest Cowboy Action Shooting match, you will get to work with some really fun people and join the comaraderie of a great group of people. You will thoroughly enjoy the experience. Heck we even feed you and give you a $1 a day for you effort's.

TB 

Thanks for the heads up.  Got them in the mailbox today!!!

Come one, Come all to the greatest time had by all. You will never regret the time spent being a ranger. Form long term friendships and FREE FOOD but most of all you get to work with the likes of Rattlesnake slim, Blakjak Zak, NineToe Joe, Etc, all famous in their own minds;):D. Rangered for 6 years I think maybe 5 but it was the greatest times for learning the game, meeting friends, feeling like contributed and did I say meeting friends. Look forward to seeing you all in February!

Guest Singin'

I am going to jump in and add, that we still have some time slots to fill for side match day.  We have many old tried and true volunteers and some brand spankin new ones....

contact Turqouise Bill if you're willing to throw in your hat!

There is a reason Winter Range is the largest Cowboy  Action Shooting Match in the world. :)

There are many reasons, including an amazing lineup of vendors.  Mr. Palo Verde, with his "magical" rifles is one of the best. A long time vendor, and I look forward to seeing him every year.

10 hours ago, Hunt Mountain Drifter said:

My second time to Winter Range and first time to Volunteer.  Looking forward to a great time.

Volunteering, be it work parties, setup, being a Ranger, or Wednesday side matches is a great way to give back to cowboy shooting and meet some great new friends. 

BTW, I've spent a week in Baker City and loved it!

I am new to the game with a couple of matches under my gun belt. I shoot with Turquoise Bill and the Whiskey Row Gunslingers and I am volunteering for the Wednesday side matches. I am really looking forward to seeing Winter Range up close and personal and helping out as a volunteer and  I'm sure I'll meet new pards during this time.

Archived