SASS Wire Forum

Stashing your gun in the car

Alpo

If you were to hide a pistol or two in the bottom of your dashboard, would you place it so that one of WHEN the gun is stashed it is inside the dash compartment (which would hide it better, but would slow you down if you needed to grab it) or outside the dash compartment (which would be quicker to grab, but would expose the gun(s) to road dirt and prying eyes)?

TheBigSleep_12.jpg.15e7ac8db1e95823a2e69e1617ba4a86.jpg

TheBigSleep_13.jpg.2fa52b0a498b83fd49a2589be745fd2b.jpg

This is where Bogey stashed his guns in The Big Sleep. Every time I've seen it before I thought the hinge was six inches or so back, and the guns were hidden up inside the dash compartment. Tonight I realized that the hinge is even with the front of the dashboard, the guns are on the outside,  the only thing that hides the guns is the fact that they are low down and kind of in shadow.

I guess it's like either putting your gun in the desk drawer, or having it in a spring clip attached to the bottom of the desk drawer. One is more protective than the other, but the other is quicker to access than the first.

I don't believe I would do it like Bogie done it.

It would depend on the vehicle and access from a seated position. I would be more apt to stash it next to the console or under the seat. 

I keep my Model 37 Airweight in my middle console with the slide top closed of course. If I feel I may need it I take it out drive with it right on the passenger seat.

I have a gun in my pocket like most. 

But when your seatbelted in you have a hard time getting it out if needed .

So I also have a gun in holster next to my seat that I can just grab if needed .

With the way things are nowadays. 

You never know what is going to pop off at any moment. 

I also put my AR15 Pistol under the rear seat of my truck .

And if you ask me what are you afraid of ? 

I say not a dang thing ! :D

Screenshot_20191221-083958_Gallery.jpg

Just please do NOT leave a gun in the vehicle unattended.  Six Police Officers have been killed in Alabama this year...five with stolen guns.  At least one was taken from an unlocked, unattended vehicle.  

Just please do NOT leave a gun in the vehicle unattended.  Six Police Officers have been killed in Alabama this year...five with stolen guns.  At least one was taken from an unlocked, unattended vehicle.  

Years ago a friend had a gun stolen from his Jeep Cherokee. “It was hidden where no one could find it.”...someone found it.
It was used in a robbery and found by police. He never reported it stolen thinking he probably would never hear about it again. 

He should have gone to jail, but I think the judge took pity on him for being a moron. 
It cost him around $3000 in court and attorney’s fees. 

Howdy,

There are bullet devices that jam a gun so that it cannot be used.

If one is put at the top of the mag racking the gun loads the jammer

and a second rack kicks it out.

An interesting thing that I hear very little about.

Best

CR

Howdy,

There are bullet devices that jam a gun so that it cannot be used.

If one is put at the top of the mag racking the gun loads the jammer

and a second rack kicks it out.

An interesting thing that I hear very little about.

Best

CR

Sounds like a thing that could get you kilt.

Why not just take it with you when you get out?

Oh, yeah.  Most of you don't live in Arizona.

Well here's why I don't, With my piano tuning/repair business I go to schools and churches and firearms are not allowed. Mostly I go to homes and I'm parked in their driveway, I don't want to carry my gun in the customer's house. When I go into a store, or the mall or anywhere else than the above mentioned I carry it.

BTW Ohio is just as good as Arizona for concealed OR open carry.

BTW Ohio is just as good as Arizona for concealed OR open carry.

Not quite. Here in Arizona one can carry concealed without a permit. 

BTW, I made a road trip to Ohio last September carrying open all the way. No negative comments and several positive ones.

Why not just take it with you when you get out?

Oh, yeah.  Most of you don't live in Arizona.

Well, you can't carry on federal property(Social Security Offices)and most state buildings like courts etc. ;)

OLG 

Not quite. Here in Arizona one can carry concealed without a permit. 

BTW, I made a road trip to Ohio last September carrying open all the way. No negative comments and several positive ones.

You're right, we do need a carry permit but there's legislation in the Ohio house to enact a "constitutional carry". We'll see.....................

Ohio's had open carry since it's become a state!:o

Sounds a lot like a dummy round.

It’s not PC to say Dummy anymore. 

Call em Propellant Challenged Cartridges.
I think ventriloquist’s dummies are now Wooden-Americans. :lol:

If you plan on accessing your gun from your car, be careful how you keep it. A hard hit to the brakes or accident and the gun on the seat is now on the floor, unlikely to be in reach. 

If you plan on accessing your gun from your car, be careful how you keep it. A hard hit to the brakes or accident and the gun on the seat is now on the floor, unlikely to be in reach. 

In a hard crash.

That 'loose' gun is now a skull crusher. -_-

OLG 

In a hard crash.

That 'loose' gun is now a skull crusher. -_-

OLG 

Or a nutcracker if it’s in your lap and you're hit from behind. :blink:

Archived