SASS Wire Forum

Christmas season shipping

Utah Bob #35998

Anybody else having heartburn over slow delivery? I always order Christmas stuff well in advance, but this year the shipping seems abnormally slow. Most of the stuff I need to send to relatives won’t be in for several days yet. I‘ve notified folks they’ll be lucky this year, getting to open presents on Christmas and at a time to be determined later. :(
I guess I need to get it done the day after Halloween next year. :angry:

Nope.  That'd be a Sunday.  Best shoot for the day before.  ;)  

Yup.  The Amazon "one- or two-day delivery" seems to be a pipe dream.  And Midway?  Fuggedaboudit.  :mellow:

It’s pretty spotty. My wife ordered some shoes Monday. They got here yesterday. Maybe I’m cursed.

Online buying is about all I do for Christmas presents unless I build them and everything Ive  bought this year was delivered in a day or two with free shipping on nearly all of it. My wife ordered something on Tuesday and the guy delivered it right in front of her garage door this morning and she didn’t see it and drove right over it just a few minutes ago. She thinks it was his fault, I disagreed, meekly.

Have a machine down at work, ordered the part to fix it, UPS next day air early am delivery. It still hasn't shown up yet and now they cancelled my vacation time for Monday because the part is supposed to be here Monday morning now.

Anything I buy for others gets shipped directly to them.  Amazon has only dropped the ball on one item and it was ordered BEFORE thanksgiving. I actually ordered it again week later because I thought I had forgot to order it the first time. The second order arrived on time.  Called and cancelled the first order two weeks ago. Today I received a notification that it will arrive tomorrow. SHEESH

Now I'll have to send it back as I don't need two. :unsure:

I guess we're lucky. All ordered stuff came in a day or two. I ordered an item from Tennessee, shipped by FedEx. Sat in Memphis for three days, was shipped to Grove City, OH ( about 2 hours south of me) then it went to Irving, Texas for a day then back to Grove City. Took about 7 days.

I have no doubt the amount of on line shopping has increased to the point that some businesses are nearly overwhelmed. I see Amazon is getting into delivery themselves, competing with UPS, DHL, and FedEx in the futire.

I have no doubt the amount of on line shopping has increased to the point that some businesses are nearly overwhelmed. I see Amazon is getting into delivery themselves, competing with UPS, DHL, and FedEx in the futire.

Actually, I believe that Amazon has now dropped FedEx; they are greatly expanding their own fleet of vehicles and drivers.

I have no complaints about the next day deliveries; they are usually on time, and sometimes surprise the heck out of me.

LL

Actually, I believe that Amazon has now dropped FedEx; they are greatly expanding their own fleet of vehicles and drivers.

I have no complaints about the next day deliveries; they are usually on time, and sometimes surprise the heck out of me.

LL

I think Fedex woke up and realized they were only handling the difficult deliveries which have the smallest profit margins.

Our normal delivery is exemplary.  We've had temps during this holiday season, & stuff I've ordered has not arrived or has been delivered elsewhere (I got next-door's mail for several days).  I still have hope but it's fading.

LL

I believe they only dropped them for 3rd party sellers. My wife got an Amazon FedEx package yesterday.

I believe they only dropped them for 3rd party sellers. My wife got an Amazon FedEx package yesterday.

Don't Know the details beyond the press reports.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/blakemorgan/2019/08/09/a-painful-breakup-amazon-and-fedex/#24d8fea77fdd

https://abc7.com/fedex-drops-amazon-ground-deliveries/5450085/

LL

I gues her package was already in the system...maybe for weeks. :lol:

Edit: Disregard. I just checked and it was UPS. 
Still might have taken weeks. :D

Archived