SASS Wire Forum

New Ruger Carryhawk single action by Talo distributor

Warden Callaway

Black magic marker and you're good to go.

"Big dot XS front sight,"

Beaded post front sights or inserts are not allowed.   

SHB p.36 - REVOLVER SIGHTS

Why :huh:

PB, isn't the Marble front sight (Win 1873) an insert making an untold # of rifles Illegal?

Marble front sight insert.jpg

Like the Marlin that was posted a while back; all tactical'd out... yuck! Not for me.

I believe that has a Mossberg lever gun. Still ugly though, no matter built it.

I have carried a single action Ruger as a CCW. If I had money to blow, the CarryHawk would be an option. :)

I'm always amazed at cowboy shooters...

"Why don't companies make their guns exactly the way I want?"

Not,

"That's different.  But if it makes someone think positive thoughts about a lever action rifle or single action revolver - it's a good thing."

Or,

"Well, if they sell a few of those; maybe they will keep making..."

Contrary to what we seem to think; cowboy action is a tiny, tiny market.

Uberti does not care if you protest their new firing pin - they didn't make it for you.

Mossberg thought a tactical lever was a thing - I doubt they had funny dressed cowboy shooters in mind.

Remington does not give a rip about your opinion of the fit and finish on a Marlin rifle - they make more in a week than cowboy shooters will buy in a year.

Stop being so petty about products and companies because they dare to do something different than John Wayne would have carried or Sam Colt would have expected.

Be happy that Ruger makes special editions to support the market and keep their production going.

Be happy that someone is still making Marlin rifles and folks are still purchasing them.

Be thrilled that Mossberg has entered the lever action market - maybe that means another option someday.

Be happy that Uberti can continue to import their revolvers and is trying to avoid being litigated about of business.

I think it's great these companies are catering to other than Cowboy shooters.

I actually do shoot other than Cowboy and enjoy seeing new things come out.

I simply said in MY view (that's me alone) yuck and it's not for ME (get that? ME)

Just because I said it's not for me, doesn't mean I don't think they should make it at all.

Merry Christmas, Creeker... be happy

Maybe we could have yet another class - TactiCowboy! :D

Archived