SASS Wire Forum

Treadstone

McCandless

I'm trying to watch this Bourne spin-off...

Just can't get into it, even with the good action scenes.  All the flitting from one character's doings to another, and forward and backward in time... its hard to keep track of.

They gotta keep it simpler for my old brain! 

:wacko:

McCandless,

I totally agree with you.

I even dislike movies that rush a load of characters in the first 5 minutes of the film, and then you spend the rest of the movie trying to figure out who they are and what they represent.

There IS one exception to this conceptual type of movie (skipping back and forth in time) that I did like and was easier to follow and that was "MEMENTO".

According to Wikipedia, here is the premise of the movie. 

Memento is a 2000 American neo-noir psychological thriller that stars Guy Pearce as a man who, as a result of a past trauma, has anterograde amnesia (the inability to form new memories) and has short-term memory loss approximately every fifteen minutes. He is searching for the persons who attacked him and killed his wife, using an intricate system of Polaroid photographs and tattoos to track information he cannot remember.

Memento is presented as two different sequences of scenes interspersed during the film: a series in black-and-white that is shown chronologically, and a series of color sequences shown in reverse order (simulating for the audience the mental state of the protagonist). The two sequences meet at the end of the film, producing one complete and cohesive narrative.

Memento is a 2000 American neo-noir psychological thriller that stars Guy Pearce as a man who, as a result of a past trauma, has anterograde amnesia (the inability to form new memories) and has short-term memory loss approximately every fifteen minutes. He is searching for the persons who attacked him and killed his wife, using an intricate system of Polaroid photographs and tattoos to track information he cannot remember.

Memento is presented as two different sequences of scenes interspersed during the film: a series in black-and-white that is shown chronologically, and a series of color sequences shown in reverse order (simulating for the audience the mental state of the protagonist). The two sequences meet at the end of the film, producing one complete and cohesive narrative.

Oh heck no.  My brain hurts just from reading the description!  

Archived