SASS Wire Forum

Pray for our Nation

Doc X

Apparently there is no mechanism to expel or recall  members of Congress by their constituents.  That's a shame. Apparently a member can be expelled by the Congress for misconduct with 2/3 vote.   It would be really something if either party gets a 2/3 majority and could just expel the other minority party. 

Apparently there is no mechanism to expel or recall  members of Congress by their constituents.  That's a shame. Apparently a member can be expelled by the Congress for misconduct with 2/3 vote.   It would be really something if either party gets a 2/3 majority and could just expel the other minority party. 

With a 2/3 majority, there is no reason to expel the other party and create a constitutional crisis and possible public backlash.

I figure that as long as they are sticking it to each other, they can't gang up and stick it to me.  The longer that bunch in Washington fails to get anything done, the better off I am.  

Yes, the bad news is that they won’t get anything else done, the good news is that they won’t get anything else done.

With a 2/3 majority, there is no reason to expel the other party and create a constitutional crisis and possible public backlash.

It would look like California. :(

Hm.  Just musing... but I wonder what the reactions would be if, after the next election, control of the House switched and the then-former Speaker was to be impeached...  whistling.gif

For me that would be pure Joy !!!

Just my Opinion from the North .....

Jabez Cowboy

Easy to say but there are many things that need to get done. Health care and pharmaceutical cost are spiraling out of control.

That one thing right there explains it in a nutshell. The medical and pharmaceutical industries have the government eating out of their hands, so nothing will get done even when they pretend to set an example by going after twerps like "Pharma Bro". There are thousands of Pharma Bros and their companies out there who will never be reined in.

I figure that as long as they are sticking it to each other, they can't gang up and stick it to me.  The longer that bunch in Washington fails to get anything done, the better off I am.  

They are sticking it to all of us and the MSM is making it easy for them.  Just passed a huge budget that the MSM has totally ignored.. Seems that we are back to "We have to pass it to find out what's in it" all over again.

Unfortunately this is just the tip of the iceberg.

They are sticking it to all of us and the MSM is making it easy for them. This whole circus is allowing them to X us at the drive through.:angry::angry::angry:  Just passed a huge budget that the MSM has totally ignored.. Seems that we are back to "We have to pass it to find out what's in it" all over again. :(

Unfortunately this is just the tip of the iceberg. :angry::(

As far as our country being "polarized like never before" is concerned, wasn't there something worse that went on between 1861 and 1865? :o

To give Congress its due...which ain't much...they did pass the funding for the Dept. of Defense, and the 12 week paid parental leave thing.  The troops will get 3.1% pay increase, AND...we now have the U.S. Space Force!  (Wonder how they managed to take time off of this "impeachment horsehockey"?)  Hopefully,  the doddards I the House will sent the articles to the Senate, and get this idiocy over with.  What I find interesting is the fact that the Speaker of the House has invited the President to deliver the State Of The Union address...on February 4th!  Does that indicate she is thinking what the outcome of the Senate trial will be?  If so, why bother with impeachment?  Wish Will Rogers were around!

I Wish Will Rogers were around!

He might say, “All I know is what I read on the Internet”. :blink::)

It is a shame, a sham, and a travesty that is going on in our country...  neither party is displaying leadership, moral fiber, or backbone in my humble opinion.  

It is time that we have term limits-3 terms max.; absolutely no retirement system for any member of congress including those who have served but are no longer there; each member of congress's salary to be set "not to exceed the national average of working folks; and their medical benefits are exactly the same as ours....   with absolutely no stipends, supplements, and/or adds of any sort.

Yep!  it's time to get rid of each and every one in congress, set the above as law of the land, and move on with the business of the country (which includes taking care of our military)

PS...  y'all can do away with PACs of any kind and limit any and all political donations to $25.00 max from anyone person or organization; all of which has to be done with full and complete disclosure...

It is a shame, a sham, and a travesty that is going on in our country...  neither party is displaying leadership, moral fiber, or backbone in my humble opinion.  

It is time that we have term limits-3 terms max.; absolutely no retirement system for any member of congress including those who have served but are no longer there; each member of congress's salary to be set "not to exceed the national average of working folks; and their medical benefits are exactly the same as ours....   with absolutely no stipends, supplements, and/or adds of any sort.

Yep!  it's time to get rid of each and every one in congress, set the above as law of the land, and move on with the business of the country (which includes taking care of our military)

PS...  y'all can do away with PACs of any kind and limit any and all political donations to $25.00 max from anyone person or organization; all of which has to be done with full and complete disclosure...

That (and much more that is sorely needed) will never happen simply because the people who would have to write such legislation and fight for it and vote it into being are the very people who will be most hurt by it.

Archived