SASS Wire Forum

Pray for our Nation

Doc X

What events last night?

The House of "Representatives" (not mine), impeached the President!  :angry: 

Something I don't understand about one of the articles: "Obstruction of the Congress"  This appears to mean that any opposition to the "will of the Congress" is "obstruction".  Now, hypothetically, if Congress passes a law and the president...any president...vetoes the bill, by the House's terminology, is that "obstruction"?  If Congress passes a law, which a president signs, but the Supreme Court of the United States says the law is unconstitutional, isn't that obstructing the Congress?  :unsure::huh::wacko:

What events last night?

A bunch of rich, smug, overpaid individuals (paid by your hard work) ended a couple weeks of a pre-determined monkey trial.

Now the monkey trial goes in front of another group of the same type people who will have another pre-determined opposite outcome.

I don't think it's anything to worry about other than these people are not doing the job that they are paid to do......none of them.

The House of "Representatives" (not mine), impeached the President!  :angry: 

Something I don't understand about one of the articles: "Obstruction of the Congress"  This appears to mean that any opposition to the "will of the Congress" is "obstruction".  Now, hypothetically, if Congress passes a law and the president...any president...vetoes the bill, by the House's terminology, is that "obstruction"?  If Congress passes a law, which a president signs, but the Supreme Court of the United States says the law is unconstitutional, isn't that obstructing the Congress?  :unsure::huh::wacko:

A bunch of rich, smug, overpaid individuals (paid by your hard work) ended a couple weeks of a pre-determined monkey trial.

Now the monkey trial goes in front of another group of the same type people who will have another pre-determined opposite outcome.

I don't think it's anything to worry about other than these people are not doing the job that they are paid to do......none of them.

Thank You.

I thought it was something worth me getting my blood  pressure up over. The D'bags like Pelosi have been wanting to impeach Trump for over 2 years (Pelosi said over the weekend) - Note the timelines....

Now here's another scenario...hypothetically, of course: Let's say a president is impeached, convicted by the Senate and removed from office.  The vice-president then becomes president.  If he/she, in turn is impeached, convicted or dies in office, guess who succeeds to the presidency!  :o:o:o  Give that one some thought, conspiracy theorists!

Sorry Pat, I probably should have been a little more specific. It just saddens me to see what has become of "Government of, by and for The People." We now truly have two groups in power that care nothing for our Nation, it's past or even it's future. Most of them only care about enriching themselves and protecting each other and they have proven it by this vote. Our President's only crime was to buck their corrupt system.  

Now here's another scenario...hypothetically, of course: Let's say a president is impeached, convicted by the Senate and removed from office.  The vice-president then becomes president.  If he/she, in turn is impeached, convicted or dies in office, guess who succeeds to the presidency!  :o:o:o  Give that one some thought, conspiracy theorists!

The Vice President who was appointed when the first VP was made President. 

I just remembered hearing Rush Limbaugh talk about a theory he had picked up on back when the Dems first started spewing this nonsense. They get Trump removed, Pence becomes POTUS and they pressure him to appoint Hillary VP because "it's the right thing to do." THEN they turn on Pence and oust him. They have been planning this for a long time, I really wouldn't put much past them at this point. It's just crazy enough to be true.

The Communists Party, AKA Democrat Party, is setting up this country for a civil war.  Infiltrate and you will control destiny.

But, doesn't a V-P appointed by a succeeding V-P have to be approved by the Senate?

Actually, both the House and Senate have to confirm the appointee. 

25th Amendment, Section 2

“Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.”

Anyone that understands what Trump DID to be impeached is someone that should not be allowed to have a gun. :ph34r:

I’m not a personal fan of her, but I like Tulsi Gabbard’s (D-Hawaii) response yesterday. 

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/politics/2019/12/19/tulsi-gabbard-trump-impeachment-could-not-good-conscience-vote-either-yes-no/2696522001/

Speaker of the House

then President Pro-Tem of the Senate

then members of Cabinet

It's in the Constitution and Amendments

No one has been running the country since WWII.....not adequately at any rate...and practically no one at all since Trump was elected.

I suggest we charge nearly every member of Congress with Obstruction of Congress. 

Hm.  Just musing... but I wonder what the reactions would be if, after the next election, control of the House switched and the then-former Speaker was to be impeached...  whistling.gif

When one side wants to take the country in one direction and the other wants to lead us in the completely opposite direction this is what you get. An endless tug-o-war.

Best possible situation is when they get nothing done.   

In a perfect world, when two sides don't agree on everything they will temporarily set aside the things they can't agree on, and work on the things they DO agree on for the time being. Unfortunately it's impossible for this bunch to even take care of the few things they agree on because neither side wants the other to take the credit. So yes, ultimately the fact that NOTHING is getting done is probably the better outcome.

S"trong men shiver and shake   for the legislature is in session!"

I am concerned for our Republic. This WILL set a bad precedent going forward. 

I'll also say that the outrage and violence that was seen before and after the last election was only a preview of coming attractions for the next election cycle. 

So yes, with a weathered eye, I will pray for our country as oft I had in the past. 

In a perfect world, when two sides don't agree on everything they will temporarily set aside the things they can't agree on, and work on the things they DO agree on for the time being. Unfortunately it's impossible for this bunch to even take care of the few things they agree on because neither side wants the other to take the credit. So yes, ultimately the fact that NOTHING is getting done is probably the better outcome.

Easy to say but there are many things that need to get done. Health care and pharmaceutical cost are spiraling out of control. Look at the commercials on tv. Nothing but drug, so called heath "insurance" providers, accident attorney and auto commercials. These companies all go hand in hand with each other even if they are on opposing sides. The cost of even a short hospital stay will put most people in the poor house unless they have way overpriced health care insurance. The costs of what used to be reasonably priced drugs (blood pressure, diabetes, cholesterol, etc) has doubled, tripled or worse. This is all due to greed. The greed starts with our so called elected "representatives". 

As everyone here knows, the items listed above is just the tip of the iceberg. While the Democrats can think of nothing but getting rid of Trump, the Republicans can think of nothing but defending Trump. Neither has America's best interest at heart and are concerned about nothing but getting re-elected so that they can gain even more personal wealth from the job that we trusted them to do. To them, family values and ethics don't matter anymore, let alone the Constitution of the United States. It's all about money and power. I guess it's been that way since time began. That's why great civilizations come and go. I won't be alive to see the end but I sure as hell will not help it go.

One of these days, our ancestors will look back and say......"Their elected government couldn't even save themselves from themselves" "What a bunch of dumb asses" and it won't be in English.

And here endeth the lesson. (apologies to Sean Connery)

Archived