SASS Wire Forum

My New Cart

Johnson County Mike

Hi, keeping in the Spirit of the Game, I would have liked a wooden cart.  I'm not handy and the cost of a professionally made cart is a little high. I put this together using 3 parts of the Dewalt Tstak trolly an open tote and a single drawer. I had some of the parts already so I saved money there. The most expensive piece is the trolly. The three parts snap together with latches built into the parts.I rigged a rack at the top to hold three long guns. I put the the single drawer on the bottom ,the open box on top and put both on the trolly.  I used a foam three gun rack that I had to hold the long guns. The single drawer holds plenty of ammo.  All these parts can be purchased from Amazon or locally. It's not perfect and I can still use it to haul my tools at home, regards, Mike

Tool box.jpg

Tool box 3.jpg

Tool box 2.jpg

we all started somewhere - been at this many years now and still using my re-purposed golf cart/ 3 gun cart with a few add-ons that made it more cowboy friendly , i keep telling myself "one of these days" but it works so why fix it and id rather spend my disposable cash on guns so far , your making it yours and doing with what you have - it can serve later in a different capacity should you find another cart , enjoy your shooting , play with the cart in off times 

I got lucky and bought a spare wood one off an old cowboy on his way out of the game... he is still shootin at 81. ( Love ya Bart Star) 

Bart's one of the great ones!!  He was one of my mentors when I first started this game down with the River City Regulators. Saw him a few years ago at the CA state match and he remembered shooting together long before I recognized him!!!!

Hope to be shooting when I'm his age,

Jasper

Archived